Bras for large breasts

Options
I have seen numerous posts about trying to find a good sports bra for large boobs. There are a number out there you can find in stores and online, but getting a good fit is difficult especially for those of us that are larger then a DDD. I found one I liked at Fleet
Feet, but still felt there could be a better fit. This got me into a search about finding just a regular bra as well. I live in California so I went to SF. OMG they wanted over $100 for some of their bras. Kept searching. Finally found this place
http://helenoftroybras.com/ still expensive but closer to $60
I wanted to post because the woman who runs this store made all the difference and I am really happy with my selection. I have been wearing (knowingly) the wrong size for a long time (38 DDD, successfully measured as a 34HH) because of how difficult it is to get a bra when you have big boobs. Go to Macy's and get something that fits the boob and sacrifice by getting a larger band. What do you get boobs dropping out the bottom - not fun.
Jessica is who I spoke with via email and phone. She will take the time to help you measure yourself for a good fit. Your experience may differ, but Jessica went above and beyond. She will also do personal fittings via Skype. They sell a number of sports bras as well as regular bras.

I chose the Panache and while it does have some pretty hefty underwire it is still comfortable. Hope this helps someone because part of feeling good is having clothes that help. Part of being able to exercise, especially with big boobs is to not have them flapping left and right, up and down.

Replies

• mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    :noway: :noway: dang lady! yes you definetly needed a bigger size then a DDD!!!! wow... and I thought I had bigger boobies with my 38DD self! lol :wink: great advice.. and im greatful I can go to reg stores for bras! i love "Olga"
    :glasses:
  • Allyoopadoop
    Allyoopadoop Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I shop at JMS.com, Jessica London and at http://www.barenecessities.com

There are varying prices between all those sites
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have a enell sports bra and LOVE it, I also love love love my moving comfort bras. I'm only a 34DD or a 32E depending on brand and I get great support out of both brands, . I'm a "0" in the Enell and a 32DD in the Moving comfort (Maia style). My moving comfort is more flattering but the enell is like a bullet proof vest for boobs, nothing moves.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I am currently 34H and have not been able to find a sports bra that fits me. I ordered one that was supposedly my size from Bravissimo (where I order my regular bras), and it was horrible. What I do instead is wear a regular bra under a tight tank top, and this works okay. Maybe I can revisit the possibility of a sports bra if I end up needing a smaller size eventually.

(Edited to fix a typo)
  • Darrowland
    Darrowland Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had a proper fitting 2 months ago, and bought the bras where I was fitted - Cacique. They are wonderful support. You cracked me up with your comment about the boobs dropping out of the band. My trouble is needing more band than cup :(
  • meghan_lovely
    meghan_lovely Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Highly recommend moving comfort!!!
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    thank you!!! I'll check this out.
  • 240at50aim4140
    Options
    Yup. You all would be very surprised at what size you are, too.

I currently am in a 39M and grateful for it. Because locally, I'd be making do with a 40 DDD and trying to keep it in place all the time.

Here's a bra calculator so you can see what size you should be wearing.

http://www.lindasonline.com/bra-fitting-calculator.html
  • janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I went with the one that Oprah recommended. It was 60.00. Funny story, it works well but is tight (thats how it works of course) and since it is a front clasp I have "punched" myself in the face a few times, lol. It is tricky.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    The Hanes/Bali/Playtex outlet has all their Playtex bras on sale for only $15. I am a 38DDD, and recently discovered their wire-free, molded cup Tshirt bras that fit great. No wires to dig, great support, and no 'pokies' lol.
    The girls are finally lifted up!
    The online outlet even has free shipping.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options

I currently am in a 39M and grateful for it. Because locally, I'd be making do with a 40 DDD and trying to keep it in place all the time.

This gave me a size of 36L. That is so weird, and so different than other measuring ways. Everyone else adds 5 inches to your actual band measurement to get your band size.
    I measure 35 inches under my bust, and 47 full, with a bra on.
    I know different brands fit differently as well, so I need a different size based on brand and even style.
    One playtex bra fits me at a 38DDD, but in a similar style I have to get a 40DDD.

ETA I generally just have to go to the store and try a bunch on, to find the one that looks and fits right. Kinda like jeans!
  • strongmindstrongbody
    strongmindstrongbody Posts: 315 Member
    Options

Holy moly, I did Helen of Troy's calculation and got 32K. Thought, this must be wrong. Then went to the calculator you linked and got the same dang size. No wonder I can never find bras that fit. I always have the bra muffin top look - so not pretty.
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Well I have a different issue. I need a bra for support. The girls look empty since the weight loss. Looking for something to push them up. :sad:
  • smarionette
    smarionette Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I love my Anita Active bras, they fit well and LAST. Plus they are adjustable so as you lose weight you can tighten the band and straps to fit. The only thing I don't love is the $65 price tag.
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    in for pics!!!..lol
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I have a enell sports bra and LOVE it, I also love love love my moving comfort bras. I'm only a 34DD or a 32E depending on brand and I get great support out of both brands, . I'm a "0" in the Enell and a 32DD in the Moving comfort (Maia style). My moving comfort is more flattering but the enell is like a bullet proof vest for boobs, nothing moves.

Another Enell fan here! They are amazing for large breasts. Nothing moves while I am running and you don't get the uni-boob look either. Worth every dollar...
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I have DD's and often can't find anything that fits correctly...am I too small to get something from this company?
  • NickeeCoco
    NickeeCoco Posts: 130
    Options
    I'm no where near as large as a lot of you ladies, but I was just surprised to learn I'm a 36E using that calculator. I've been wearing 34DD for the longest time. No wonder the nipples like popping out. Other news, I've also discovered I've lost an inch off my chest since starting to use MFP. That's a win.
  • cbendorf13
    cbendorf13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Well I have a different issue. I need a bra for support. The girls look empty since the weight loss. Looking for something to push them up. :sad:

This was also my problem, I got the "Melody" and this is not a problem anymore. I went with what Jessica said and that was to pull as tight as I could under the breast. These bras give their support using the band for the push up effect not the straps for the I'll try to get some life here. Definitely would recommend it because I was not happy with the weight loss boobs until yesterday when my bra came in the mail. I was worried it wouldn't fit etc, but after finally getting it I was so happy, boobs defy gravity again =)
  • cbendorf13
    cbendorf13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have DD's and often can't find anything that fits correctly...am I too small to get something from this company?

I believe they go from D on up for most bras, but I think I saw they also had some sizes that were smaller than a D as well. You may be surprised that once you size yourself you may find your band smaller and your cup size larger.