What's the best advice you DIDN'T take?

Options
Mine was "listen to your body." Noooooooooo, not me. I'm tough, so I played through the pain . . . and now have knee problems that will restrict me to hack squats, Romanian dead lifts, and low impact cardio FOR LIFE.

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    My husband advised me not to borrow money for school. I really wish I had taken that advice.
  • Bennett056
    Bennett056 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Lose weight when I was younger. Better late than never.
  • georgiapeach1965
    Options
    Not to marry my first husband, or my second, or my....well, you get the drift.
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the "listen to your body'.

It conflicts so much with "walk it off" and "pain is fear leaving the body" and "don't cheat!" messages I got from fitness professionals - and this is why I have chronic tendinitis in my left achilles and need regular physical therapy to help manage the permanent scar tissue in my lower back.
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    "Just because you're pregnant doesn't mean you have to marry him." - My Mother
  • MJDuley
    MJDuley Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    "Maybe you need to put school on hold until you decide what you really want a degree in." I now have $42,000 in student loan debt and still no degree because I kept changing my major and just going to school hoping I would figure out what I wanted to do eventually.
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    Don't get married
  • Jenni0813
    Options
    "Don't marry him...."

Definitely should've listened!! :tongue:
  • ladypitek
    ladypitek Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I also should have listened to the "don't marry that guy" advice from my family LOL Live and learn eh?
  • joyincincy
    joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    "At least get your Associates done right after high school" from my parents. Being a non traditional student really sucked during that part of it!
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    2nd best advice I never took...

"You NEED to get a lawyer and do what's right for you and the kids." - BOTH of my Sister-inlaws.

(it was preceded with "I love my brother but,...") heh.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    "You should break up with him, he's a loser."

If only I could go back in time... lol
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Starving yourself will come back to bite you.
  • vicelike
    vicelike Posts: 22
    Options
    Don't get married.....again.
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    my dr told me the best i could hope for was to maintain, and suggested i apply for disability...
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    my dr told me the best i could hope for was to maintain, and suggested i apply for disability...

Sometimes, it feels good to remind doctors that they can make mistakes. :smile:
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Don't marry your husband.

Pfffft.

EDIT: Oh, I'm glad I did not take that advice. I thought that was what that meant.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    My husband advised me not to borrow money for school. I really wish I had taken that advice.

Sometimes it's the only choice you have. :(
  • jonsey_s
    jonsey_s Posts: 222
    Options
    "Join as an officer." (Was going to join the British army as a private)

"Don't leave it a year before doing so" ( I found wine women and song in that year)

"Don't get married" ( I did and..... )