Holiday soon & determined not to ruin all the hard work

Options
So I'm going to Turkey on the 5th of September to a beau resort, BUT it's all inclusive.

Going to be hard not to indulge as both food and drink are 24 HOURS!!!

I am going to try my hardest to resist the temptation, they have a gym so am aiming to go in there every other morning, so should be alright, never go anywhere without my HRM & trainers :heart:

Has anyone recently gone on holiday, any tips for staying on track??

Last year I went to America for 3 weeks and gained 9lbs... I was horrified but it came off quickly when I came back home, so most probably water but I just don't want that stepping on the scale devastation again

Replies

• MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Just try to stay in your routine and make good decisions. Log as often as you can. I personally think it's okay to splurge once in a while.
  • framingsammie
    framingsammie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I went on holiday to Spain with my mum in July which was all inclusive and only gained 1lb. I indulged a little bit but logged what I ate and drank. We walked a lot. Personally I say eat as healthily as you can but don't be afraid to treat yourself, it's a holiday after all! xo
  • HollieDollieeeex
    HollieDollieeeex Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I won't be on my phone so no MFP logging, that in itself freaaaaks me out. MFP is my life :bigsmile:

I guess if I run 3/4 days and just be aware then I'll be okay, because I have always restricted (previous Cambridge Weight Plan Shake diet follower) which was the potential worst thing I could have done... less than 800 cals a day on some of the plans... Made me have a binge eating problem because I was literally on my knees with weakness.

Since I've upped my calories, got a HRM and have in my mind that I can eat back the calories & workout everyday and love it, it seems to have kept the binging at bay.

Fingers crossed.:smile:
  • framingsammie
    framingsammie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Maybe take a notebook or something to write what you eat down so then if you do gain a little you can look back and see why. It's good you're planning on exercising but it's meant to be a holiday so remember to have time to relax too :) xo