35 lbs weight loss goal..

Options
I'm 21 and had a baby 15 months ago... Gained forty lbs during pregnancy, and lost then gained it all back. I started my journey with 50 lbs to lose four months ago. I completed turbo fire and lost 11 lbs. I'm on week four of insanity. I've lost 15 lbs total. I want to be at my healthy weight which is 135 lbs, I'm at 170 right now. Me and my husband are going on our honeymoon in April 13th next year and I want to feel and look good so that gives me 7 months to lose 35 lbs. Is that something I can accomplish? If I keep doing what I'm doing? I get motivated by progress and by knowing I will get there. I'm just curious to see if I'm shooting too high.. I really want it and I know I can workout and eat healthy for the rest of my life just because I live the way I feel. I just really really want to lose all this weight by our honeymoon! Any words of encouragement will be greatly appreciated! :)

Replies

• mewasaurus
    mewasaurus Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    We have the same goals and I'm the same weight as you. I'm 5'4". I totally think you can accomplish that in 7 months with hard work and dedication... which it looks like you have! Your goal isn't far fetched by any stretch of the imagination. You can do it!
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and had a baby 15 months ago... Gained forty lbs during pregnancy, and lost then gained it all back. I started my journey with 50 lbs to lose four months ago. I completed turbo fire and lost 11 lbs. I'm on week four of insanity. I've lost 15 lbs total. I want to be at my healthy weight which is 135 lbs, I'm at 170 right now. Me and my husband are going on our honeymoon in April 13th next year and I want to feel and look good so that gives me 7 months to lose 35 lbs. Is that something I can accomplish? If I keep doing what I'm doing? I get motivated by progress and by knowing I will get there. I'm just curious to see if I'm shooting too high.. I really want it and I know I can workout and eat healthy for the rest of my life just because I live the way I feel. I just really really want to lose all this weight by our honeymoon! Any words of encouragement will be greatly appreciated! :)

Totally doable!! Just keep consistent and you WILL see your goal in time!! April is about 7-8 months away! Me = by 'trying' to eat moderately most days and I walk 30-60 mins 5-7 days/week, I've lost 55 over 5 months.

Keep in mind the lbs don't come off as quick when you're reaching your goal weight, but it's totally doable! Good luck!
  • ShadeBlossom
    ShadeBlossom Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a reasonable goal. Keep doing what you're doing and you'll get there. :)
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Totally doable! 5 pounds a month is realistic and healthy. I started my weight loss journey in May, with exactly that goal in mind- to lose 5 pounds a month. I'm in month four now and still on track. You look like you're doing all the right things, with healthy eating and good workouts as your main pillars. My goal is to lose 30 pounds in total. I've still got lots of motivation left in the tank because I've set realistic goals and managed to achieve them thus far. Here's to hoping things will continue to run smoothly!