recommendations on a cheap scale

Options
Hey everybody any recommendations on a good cheap scale? My scale is not the best I went and weighed myself this morning and it told me I was 135.4 then literally 30 seconds later decided to hop on it again (suspicions of it not being accurate) and I weighed 133.4. Now I know there is no way in hell that I lost 2lbs in 30 seconds (i wish lol).

Don't worry I know that the number on the scale isn't everything I also use a tape measure and do have some calipers.

Replies

• trainerbarb
    Options
    What's your definition for "cheap?" I bought a scale at Walmart that measures weight, body fat%, and hydration level. I paid $35 for it brand new. It will also store weight for multiple users if you wish. The brand is Health-o-meter, which has been around a long time.

They ALL do that difference thing. It depends on where you step on them, etc. So that's no reason to get rid of your current scale. The only ones I know of that DON'T vary are the doctor type movable weight ones, and those aren't cheap.... $200+
  • SaraA07
    SaraA07 Posts: 43
    Options
    I work in a doctors office I should just weigh myself there...downside to that though is I can't do it first thing in the morning before eating and drinking anything...
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    i bought one at bed bath and beyond and they had a variety for a range of prices.. mine was between $30 and $40 - can't remember exact price.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I have a Weight Watchers digital scale from Walmart. It's only weight, not BF or anything else, but it's been very consistent for me for several year now.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Weight-Watchers-Chrome-and-Glass-Digital-Scale/10972654

The scale in your doctor's office would be fine as long as it's at a consistent time every day. But I'm like you - I like to weigh myself first thing in the morning.