Hello All! I'm a Newbie!

Options
I started a couple of weeks ago. I'm trying to lose the weight, get healthy and get a handle on my recently diagnosed insulin resistance. I'm open to any tips or ideas that anyone may have.

Replies

• charmjostes
    Options
    Hi there and welcome!! You have found a great place for support!
  • DENsilentquakeYSE
    Options
    Hello! You will find what you are looking for and more right here in one place! Glad you are here!
  • tjislovinglife
    tjislovinglife Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Welcome this site helps alot Good luck Toni
  • kahroleena22
    kahroleena22 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! Honestly the best advice I can give you is to be HONEST with yourself. Even when you cheat. It helps to keep you accountable and see if there are any patterns in your cravings/overeating/bingeing/etc. For example, my downfall is dinner. So I make sure I have a healthy shake for dinner every night. Let me know if you have any more questions! :)

PS. ok maybe not EVERY night. But I try. ;)
  • TerriK51
    Options
    There's a great book out called the insulin resistance diet. My brother-in-law found out he had the same problem and was borderline diabetic. It is a really good book, you might give it a try. Dieting is not easy, I'm not going to kid you. I'm 51 years old and thought there is no way I'm going to lose weight and I hated the E word, but in two months I'm down 16 lbs and feel better than I have in a long time. Good luck and don't give up. I constantly tell myself to eat to live, not live to eat. Well good luck and stick with myfitnesspal.com, it's a great tool.
  • ddjsaenz
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the words of encouragement. I'm glad to be here and determined to stick with it.
  • zpurnell
    Options
    Hi All,
    I just started yesterday the comments I've read are awsome I look forward to reading more.