17 day diet

Options
Hi everyone...I am on day 12 of the 17 day diet. I have lost 9.5 pounds so far. I would like to lose 30 more. Any one else tried this diet yet?:smile:

Replies

• rhia575
    rhia575 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    What will you do after the 17 days?
  • raingirl21
    raingirl21 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I've done it in the past. I only did phase one. I found that just tracking my foods and excercising worked for me but I've heard from many others that this worked for them since it isn't really a "diet" but taking out certain foods.
  • C12254
    C12254 Posts: 198
    Options
    I dont diet. I change my lifestyle for the better. anything worth having, is worth working hard for.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    what is the '17 day diet'?? :glasses:
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Unless you are going to follow this diet forever I would suggest switching to something that is sustainable.

I have known a few people who have done this diet and reached their goal weight. When they got to where they wanted to be and started eating normal again they gained the weight back.

Don't look at a diet. Change your lifestyle. A diet will only give you temporary results where an actual lifestyle change will give you lasting results.
  • joyfulhappyheart
    joyfulhappyheart Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I did ALOT of research of that yesterday! What a coincidence!

Did you feel it was very strict/difficult to follow?

would love to hear your experience on it.

to answer the question- there are different stages. After the first 17 days, you go to another stage.
  • windweasel66
    windweasel66 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It sounds a little extreme to lose so much weight in such a short time ? Each to their own I guess but this sounds a proper challenge :noway:
  • sexylibra19
    Options
    I will continue until goal...its four phases.
  • sexylibra19
    Options
    I'm using this diet as a kick start...I was already exercising 5-6 days a week. I do piloxing, turbo kick, step, RIPPED and had minimal results. Now I can see the difference which will motivate me to continue.
  • windweasel66
    windweasel66 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow ! well you go for it girl... if it makes you feel good then what's to lose but the calories lol ?
  • LorienCoffeeBean
    LorienCoffeeBean Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    it is a great program to follow to help change the way you view food and start eating much healthier. its not just for 17 days, its 17 day cycles. i think there are 4 of them, then you can repeat. the last cycle is maintenance and is very much just a healthy balanced diet.
    I did it for two weeks and felt great, then i fell off the wagon. im finding counting calories and increasing my fruit and veg easier. the first stage of the 17 day diet is very limited.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Unless you are going to follow this diet forever I would suggest switching to something that is sustainable.

I have known a few people who have done this diet and reached their goal weight. When they got to where they wanted to be and started eating normal again they gained the weight back.

Don't look at a diet. Change your lifestyle. A diet will only give you temporary results where an actual lifestyle change will give you lasting results.

This. Exactly this.

There is no "Kick start my metabolism" diet, or anything else. And if you're doing this much of a restrictive diet and jumping into alllll kinds of workout programs all at once, get ready for burnout.
  • sexylibra19
    Options
    I agree about the first phase. I can't say that I followed it to the letter. But its still working.
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    it is actually a healthy eating plan that teaches you to continue to eat healthy, as long as you get through all 3 phases, lose the weight you are wanting to lose, and then go into the maintenance phase, which is basically clean eating with planned cheat meals certain times...People are so aggressive when you mention the word "diet" on here...it is so annoying. lol. Yes, the word DIET is in the program name...however, it is just a way to eat clean and healthy long term. For those who say they know people who did it and then the people gained back weight or whatever, that would be because they didn't continue the healthy lifestyle. Anyone on any eating plan/diet/or who just eats, if they over eat, especially the bad stuff, then it just doesn't work...People on here counting calories, guess what, you are on a diet!!! hate to break it to you. lol
  • Beautifulempress
    Options
    Hey am interested in startingthe 17 day diet can anyone send me the information about it if possible
  • Beautifulempress
    Options
    Hey am interested in starting the 17 day diet can anyone send me the information about it if possible