Unexpected NSVs and SV

Options
NSV #1
So I am driving my parents to an out of state wedding, when horror of horrors I realize I have left my nice clothes behind.
I am panicking as being an obese pear, clothes are difficult to find. My parents suggest we pull into a mall and just pick up some new clothes. I am calm on the outside but am freaking out on the inside. How do you tell your elderly parents who teach their grandkids and great-grandkids to chant "Fatty-fatty two by four couldn't get thru the bathroom door... " that finding clothes in a department store that will fit is out of the realm of possibility?
We start in a department store where the largest pants size is 18. I take several size 18s and a few size 16s into the dressing room. Much to my surprise, I ended up purchasing a size 16 pants (that were 6 inches too big in the waist and perfect in the hips and thighs), a size large blouse and a size large blazer.

NSV #2
The day after the wedding my mother was cold and asked if she could wear my new blazer. She was unable to wear it because it was too small for her. The look on her face was priceless.

SV
When I returned home I stepped on the scale and found I was in onederland (195) and hadn't even realized it. I was stuck in the 202-205 for so long I just stopped weighing.

NSV #3
Between the NSVs and SV I have a totally new attitude and perspective. Inches have been melting away, I know now that the pounds will follow later. The tape measure is more important than the scale:-)

Replies

• MicaylaRougeau
    MicaylaRougeau Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What an accomplishment. Keep it up :happy:
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    NSV #1
    So I am driving my parents to an out of state wedding, when horror of horrors I realize I have left my nice clothes behind.
    I am panicking as being an obese pear, clothes are difficult to find. My parents suggest we pull into a mall and just pick up some new clothes. I am calm on the outside but am freaking out on the inside. How do you tell your elderly parents who teach their grandkids and great-grandkids to chant "Fatty-fatty two by four couldn't get thru the bathroom door... " that finding clothes in a department store that will fit is out of the realm of possibility?
    We start in a department store where the largest pants size is 18. I take several size 18s and a few size 16s into the dressing room. Much to my surprise, I ended up purchasing a size 16 pants (that were 6 inches too big in the waist and perfect in the hips and thighs), a size large blouse and a size large blazer.

NSV #2
    The day after the wedding my mother was cold and asked if she could wear my new blazer. She was unable to wear it because it was too small for her. The look on her face was priceless.

SV
    When I returned home I stepped on the scale and found I was in onederland (195) and hadn't even realized it. I was stuck in the 202-205 for so long I just stopped weighing.

NSV #3
    Between the NSVs and SV I have a totally new attitude and perspective. Inches have been melting away, I know now that the pounds will follow later. The tape measure is more important than the scale:-)

Congratulations and keep going.
  • tambam69
    tambam69 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, keep up the good work
  • cjcmrn
    cjcmrn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    wow you go!! that is awesome!
  • Glynneybug
    Glynneybug Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! Awesome job lady, I'm so happy for you and your sucess!!! :)

~Glynis
    NSV #1

NSV #2

SV

NSV #3
  • carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You have a lot to be proud of! Glad this experience has motivated you again to keep going strong!
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    NSV #1

NSV #2

SV

NSV #3

That is amazing! Congratulations! keep up the good work. Add me if you like.
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,493 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Congratulations!
  • thistimewillbedifferent
    Options
    That was a GREAT post! My favorite part is when your blazer was too small for her. Love it!!! Congrats!
  • Angie2822
    Angie2822 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Very impressive.
  • sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Great victories! A confidence boosting event can make all the difference!
  • Lanaye912
    Lanaye912 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    That such wonderful NSVs & a SV.Keep up the great work. =)
  • Anonymous199616
    Options
    Well done that's amazing!
    What does nav/sv mean?
  • LiziAB
    LiziAB Posts: 55
    Options
    What does nav/sv mean?

Yes please, would you explain NSV and SV? Congrats, BTW.
  • elaanne
    elaanne Posts: 35
    Options
    What does nav/sv mean?

I believe it is "non-scale victory" and "scale victory." So victories that are not related to pounds/kg/weight are NSV, and victories related to weight/lbs/kg are SV.
  • LiziAB
    LiziAB Posts: 55
    Options
    What does nav/sv mean?

I believe it is "non-scale victory" and "scale victory." So victories that are not related to pounds/kg/weight are NSV, and victories related to weight/lbs/kg are SV.

That makes sense! Thanks!
  • onefitsurvivor
    onefitsurvivor Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You are a rockstar! Woot woot!

:drinker:
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Great story!!! Very motivating and congratulations on ONEderland!!!!
  • uneik3
    uneik3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! The fact that you didn't realize it and were successful anyway proves that you really are integrating a healthier lifestyle. Way to go!
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS ALL AROUND!!! You have a LOT to be proud of!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!