Two Years with MFP....HOLY COW....

Options
seeing as how it is Flash Back Friday, how fitting this post is. I say this every time it seems like. However this one is a little more emotional for me. I have never looked in the mirror and liked who stared back at me. For the first time since I was 19 I am realizing that this is me. Flaws and all. I have worked incredibly hard to change my body, my life, and my relationship with food. Have I failed more than a handful of times, yes. What matters is sticking with it. When I began this journey at almost 300lbs...I thought I would not be strong enough or have enough will power to do it. I promise you. If you get up every morning with the resolve to be better than you were the day before, with the goal to only impress yourself, and to do the best that you can...you have won half the battle.

This journey would not have been possible without the help and support of many people. Some people are not as active in my journey now as they once were but they provided me with the tools and gumption to stay on track. For all my FB family who have continued to support this movement. I thank you and apologize for the overposting of selfies...but I have to keep motivated.

Sunday is my first 10K I am nervous and excited. I have so much love and support. For the first time I have people showing up for me. It moves me in such a way I could never begin to express my gratitude. I love all of you and hope that this motivates you in some small way to stay with whatever you are doing. xoxoxo

progresspicfromig_zpsb14b8729.jpg

Replies

• lauren282
    lauren282 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you look great! And good luck for Sunday.
  • arassely
    arassely Posts: 12
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Have an amazing time at your 10K! I peeked at your profile pics, and the one thing that stands out to me the most is how happy you look. I bet that you have contributed to other's journeys as much as they have contributed to yours.
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Agreed - you look amazing!! And I also looked at your pictures and you are always smiling - inspiring. Good luck on Sunday, I know you will be awesome!!!!!
  • sassafrascas
    sassafrascas Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You Look amazing! and you are a true inspiration!
  • Syriene
    Syriene Posts: 238
    Options
    Great job!! Good luck with your 10K!
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Awh! Great post and good luck on your 10K, you are fabulous!
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Damn, you've done good. Well done and good luck with you race
  • heis4u2004
    heis4u2004 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Looking good!
  • xonicki08
    xonicki08 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Great Job ! :)
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an amazing change! Best of luck for the 10k :)
  • MrsNATRAT
    MrsNATRAT Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! Good luck with your 10k :smile: ..... Never give up on your dreams :heart:
  • Dipmom
    Dipmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration. Cute outfit too!
  • Andrezia
    Andrezia Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, you look great!
  • zeusbella
    zeusbella Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    WTG!
  • OlyCapitalChick
    OlyCapitalChick Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    OMGosh your story really speaks to me. I'm at the beginning stages of a new fitness lifestyle and being someone who was also close to 300lbs I can really really appreciate the fact you are doing a 10K.
    Thanks for posting this.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your 10K. After the first mile, it is just "time"......get in the groove and go!
    Great job!
  • evilfairies
    evilfairies Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Best of luck on your 10K... I would like to start running marathons eventually and I look up to people like you who have been able to turn it into a reality. You keep me motivated!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look amazing.

More importantly, what do you use on your hair? Your curls are pretty. Mine are a mess.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!