Inside Legs Cut from Running & Cardio.

Options
I have no idea how to put this any other way, but I've tried boxers and I've even tried the old school whitey tighties and than I've tried the boxer briefs which have the longer legs then the boxers do. Its all the same! The inside of my leg feels like it is getting sawed in half during a run. Of course I'm not gonna stop running, so I keep going and deal with it. Then I basically limp around a couple days and keep it going.

Before you recommend jock straps and forget the boxer/underwear stuff forget it! They dont make them in my size, I've even checked the big & tall stores. lol jk. But really, I don't like those things at all, and havent worn one since dang bootcamp, and only wore one cause they make you. So anyone have nay idea besides going with nothing at all? I mean its been three weeks now, and I'm not gonna stop, but I can't do this everyday.

Replies

• MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I don't know what this means... but I'll bump it for ya! lol :wink:
  • CassieLeigh86
    CassieLeigh86 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, then I'd suggest you invest in an anti-chafing gel! Then you can feel free to wear whatever underwear you deem most comfortable.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Go commando ........

Did you try body glide?

If I understand right your underwear is chafing the inside of your leg?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm now just thinking about his package and am of no help.
  • mike_usmc
    mike_usmc Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    haha! Like the inside of my leg feels like I now have or have had and still have tiny cuts. Its hard to explain, lol. I cant commando it, because it swings around like a jump rope(a thick jump rope btw lol, jk..not) and I just feel weird. But yes my boxers briefs and all the above they like climb and slice my legs right under my thick jump rope and cut me!! =o(
  • simonsjo1
    simonsjo1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Put anti-perspirant in the trouble areas before your run and that problem should go away. I saw this tip on Dr. Oz last week and tried for the first time on a ten mile run last weekend and it worked great.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I have lost a bunch of weight and have loose skin on my inner thighs the only way to keep it from chaffing is 2 fold.... I use Body glide anti chaffing sticks I buy off Amazon and I wear Nike Pro Compression shorts and between the 2 of these I have no issues anymore..... Best of Luck

attached a link to the bodyglide:

http://www.amazon.com/Bodyglide-Original-Anti-Chafe-Balm-1-5Ounce/dp/B00288L2N6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377278169&sr=8-1&keywords=bodyglide
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I use a pair of runner's briefs. Similar to boxer briefs, but the material is different. Lower friction and moisture wicking helps keep the thighs from getting chapped. You should be able to find them at any running store. Body glide would work as well, but I don't like the way it feels, personally.
  • composite
    composite Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    A big handful of Vaseline. It works for 10+ hours in the saddle for me so good chance that it will work. Cheap as well.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    body-glide or vaseline to help with the chafing.

Also, you could try some compression gear.
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Lots of guys talk about compression shorts.
  • KKrdcs
    KKrdcs Posts: 30
    Options
    I agree...when my husband and I started running he had the same problems. We invested in a few pairs of compression shorts (Nike, Under Armour, etc all have them) with long loose shorts overtop and applied the body glide to the lower parts of his inner thighs that would still rub beyond the compression shorts. He swears by the compression shorts for riding bikes too.
  • sarahmaryjane
    sarahmaryjane Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/

Best stuff in the WORLD. Saved my life during the Bataan Memorial Death March this year!
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Spandex. When my husband was in the Army, he wore spandex shorts under his PT shorts. It prevented any chaffing or rash. Apply baby powder on your thighs, wear the spandex and put your running shorts over it.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I tried compression shorts - I thought they felt weird. Now, I wear silky running shorts - not basketball shorts.

And I roll them up at the waist band a couple times so the crotch of the shorts is snug against my crotch.

This way, since my thigh gap is a work in progress, my thighs don't rub together. :drinker:

Wearing clothes that fit properly also helps - and random chafing seems to be a sign that I need to change sizes. I had this same problem but on the sides of my torso before I went down a size in shirts.
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Compression gear without a doubt I wear them under my regular shorts and its dual purpose on my longer runs over an hour it keeps my legs fresher and less tired and the spandex /poly materials wicks the sweat removes the chafing an keeps everything in its place
  • milesvictors
    milesvictors Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Compression shorts. Problem solved. Get the right size and brand that fit your body type and you're golden.
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    My husband is in the process of losing weight as well so he complains of discomfort when he runs sometimes but the compression shorts and baby powder seem to help. He buys them through Ranger Joe's and has purchased a few different brands. Good luck!
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I've only got repeats of answers already given,

if it's a chaffing issue: baby powder/talc, corn startch, antiperspirant, diaper rash cream etc...

Oh and compression shorts will help too.
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    BODYGLIDE! It's a lifesaver. You can get it at academy sport, ****s, Amazon, etc. You'll thank yourself on every run.