Insanity Question

Options
For those of you who are either doing Insanity now, or have done it in the past, what time of day did you workout?

I'm contemplating starting this next week and I've heard a lot about "fueling your body" on this program. I'm wondering if I try it early in the morning would breakfast or a protein shake be enough...or should I wait until mid afternoon when I've had a couple of meals under my belt?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Replies

• shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    It totally depends on when you exercise best! Personally I get sluggish after a couple of meals, I used to do it early in the morning before my daughter got up and before breakfast. I just had breakfast straight away and drank plenty of water during the workout, never had an issue
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Whenever works for you. I always did it after work (I was doing 12 hour shifts and was already getting up at 4, so I couldn't stomach the though of getting up earlier). I was doing a very active job at the time, so doing it at the end of the day worked better for me. I'd come straight home, do Insanity, then eat pretty much until I went to bed. Don't eat too close to the workouts. I did that once or twice, and it was always a mistake (the food bounces in your stomach and feels awful). I always ate immediately after.
  • KylieJordan16
    KylieJordan16 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 4am to do the dvd
    Usually I will eat half a quest bar or something to hold me over until breakfast. If I eat my breakfast that early, I will be starving by the time I get to work.
  • newbie901
    Options
    I do it before breakfast and have a protein shake straight afterwards, except for the days I do cardio recovery. On those days I still do it first thing in the morning, but have some oats afterwards.