Favorite non-breakfast foods breakfast

Options
I can't eat dairy or eggs, and really not a sweets person. Breakfast is my hardest to get in. I need some ideas for breakfasts that are easy and non breakfast foods.

Replies

• yolokindagirl
    yolokindagirl Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    burrito with turkey sausage, potato, and your favorite sautéed veggies

bagel with lox -- can use vegan cream cheese that's free of dairy
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from dinner.
  • dejamos
    dejamos Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from dinner.

Seriously.

I do it often.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You don't need to eat breakfast. Just eat more later in the day. Meal timing has nothing to do with weight loss.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Cold pizza.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Cold pizza.

with bacon on it
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Cold pizza.

with bacon on it
    Bacon on everything.
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I often eat Salmon for breakfast. I put about 5 ounces on the George Foreman Grill, and it is ready in a few minutes. I buy a bigger piece at the store, cut it into 5-ounce servings, and then grill it all on the same day. Then I toss it into Ziploc bags and have it in the fridge. The next morning, I have another piece.

In place of Salmon, I eat turkey burgers, chicken breasts, NY steak, ham steak, etc., all cooked on George Foreman Grill. (Geez, I am starting to sound like a commercial!) I usually try to find a piece of food that is primarily protein and gives about 200 calories. Add a half piece of fruit and a slice of high-fiber bread and I've got a nice 300-calorie breakfast.

It's not that I don't like dairy or eggs, it's just that I am too lazy to cook and clean up.:indifferent:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Bacon is easy. My favorite "non-breakfast" breakfast food is pizza.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    with bacon on it
    Bacon on everything.

^^^Yes!!

PBJ is my quick go to. Also goes great with java.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Definitely leftovers! This morning I had leftover tortallini soup!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Cold pizza
  • Breezy929
    Breezy929 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ha, yes cold pizza is good.

I normally save my leftovers for lunch.
  • wool_gathering
    wool_gathering Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Baked sweet potatoes! Either hot or cold, with cinnamon. Loads of fiber and potassium.
  • lynnlc
    lynnlc Posts: 12
    Options
    Wow, I thought I was the only one who loved cold pizza for breakfast but I guess not... mmmmm

Also this morning I made oatmeal, but instead of sugar I put on a bit of butter and salt (I don't like sweet things for breakfast either.) It was really good!
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    STEAK!
  • jadedove
    jadedove Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I use a great recipe (WW) for quinoa and apples that is very satisfying and easy to make.

http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/RecipePage.aspx?recipeId=249901
  • Parjudy
    Parjudy Posts: 1
    Options
    I make a smoothie and throw everything in it for breakfast but just small quantities. I use cucumber, apple, parsley, spinach, whey protein powder(1 scoop), flax seed (1T), an old frozen banana, ice cubes(its best cold) I also add coconut oil (1T), and 1/4 cup uncooked oatmeal, I add coconut water to mine but any liquid works like milk or water or juice. I am completely satisfied for hours. Just be sure to use lots of ice . I also eat dairy so I do use Greek yoghurt as well in mine. I save and freeze grapes, berries etc., so if I have blueberries frozen or grapes they also get tossed in....enjoy!! The frozen grapes are also a good snake as they seem quite sweet.:-)
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    PB&J, but I love breakfast (and loathe dinner!).
  • cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Pizza !