Detox - help please?

Options
shoppie
shoppie Posts: 618 Member
I have just got back from 2 weeks holiday and have eaten horrendously! My skin is awful, I feel lethargic and rubbish and basically want to get rid of all the toxins I have going on before I go away yet again in another 2 weeks.

I have literally never done a detox before, I know I need to cut caffeine but TBH I don't have a huge amount. I'm figuring it also means no processed foods, but without wanting to sound like an utter moron - what do I actually eat??

I get that I dirnk water! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Go back to eating healthier, eat the amount for your calorie plan, drink your water. There isn't any special food or concoction that is going to detox you any faster than just time.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    What they both said!!!
  • Minnie2361
    Minnie2361 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Detox's don't work. This was clearly demonstrated on a BBC documentary the Truth about Food.
    Change up your diet , lots of fresh veggies preferably raw and fresh fruit, do a lot for your skin and help lose weight.
    this is part 5 good stuff.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_0spCGvvNI

Stay away from all and anything prepackaged , even if it is fresh {additives added} and do your own.

Check out my food diary.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Detoxing is a myth. Your body "detoxes/cleanses" itself just fine without any special diet or drink or supplement. Just eat the way you were before you went away and you'll feel back to normal in a couple days.
  • JKDLady
    JKDLady Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I so agree with what's already been said. For me, if I eat correctly for 2-3 days and have a plan to continue, I am over the issue. Please don't go too far in the other direction.

Good luck!
  • notdebby
    notdebby Posts: 58
    Options
    We got back from vacation 10 days ago. Like you, while on vacation, we ate all sorts or horrible stuff. When I got back, I just went back to my regular diet. Aside from a bit of left over lethargy, everything seems to be getting back to normal. Other than walking, I haven't really done any exercise since getting back because I've just been too tired. Hopefully, I'll be able to get back into that after the weekend.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    There are no toxin in you (aside from the normal food byproducts). Probably just retaining some water. Start eating your normal diet and go sweat out the rest.
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I am liking the answer of basically 'be normal' :bigsmile: :laugh:

I will definitely start there and just try to eat healthily, but I think I do need to change how I eat going forwards as its not really been working for me for some months now, and I don't really know how to start!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    If you measure your food and know you are logging accurately, then it may be your calorie goal is no longer correct. Have you recalculated things since you lost weight?
  • sevenandthirteen
    sevenandthirteen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Detox's don't work. This was clearly demonstrated on a BBC documentary the Truth about Food.
    Change up your diet , lots of fresh veggies preferably raw and fresh fruit, do a lot for your skin and help lose weight.
    this is part 5 good stuff.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_0spCGvvNI

Stay away from all and anything prepackaged , even if it is fresh {additives added} and do your own.

Check out my food diary.

TOTALLY agree! Whatever you can handle raw DO IT! Sprouted grain breads are great for cutting out bread products and are actually not that bad in the flavor department.
  • sevenandthirteen
    sevenandthirteen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am retracting half of my totally agree. I do a detox three times a year but it isn't a normal detox and you can accomplish the same thing over time by eating raw. Doesn't sound like your ready to go hard core healthy yet so just start making better choices and have small cheats now and then.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    no.jpg