300lb+ girl looking to get super motivated

Options
So if any of you want to add me and get me off my butt, that'd be great.

Replies

• lindseydavis07
    lindseydavis07 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I'm in the same boat!! I have lost 31 pounds since June 25 and log everyday! feel free to add me! :) Good luck!
  • mlindenmuth36
    mlindenmuth36 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I was close to that # and I won't be seeing it ever again. Good luck! Hardwork is paying off!
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    It's so easy to drop weight at that level. I'm doing it in the most incredibly unhealthy way ( just calorie counting ) haha.

I added hula hooping as a fun cardio thing to do and trust me it's cardio cause I am bad at it.

I had tried some other tracking sites but honestly, MFP did it for me. They provide a handy link to apps for your phone and it was super surprising to me when I realized you could turn a smart phone into a pedometer to track walking and whatnot.

Just use all the tools they provide and you are well on your way!
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    i sent you a request. we can help eachother. i am in the same boat. i was over 300lbs when i started. right now i have plataued but i am not giving up.

anyone wanting/needing friends for support please feel free to add me.
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I was almost 200lbs when I started & am now down 34lbs since MAY.
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a friend request. I will give you support but I also need it back. I am close to 200 pounds now and want to lose 50. I just started back again this week. How I will do it is to eat around 1200-1400 calories per day and do 1/2 of low impact aerobics 4 - 5 times per week. I'm 56 and menopausal so it takes me a long time to lose weight. My metabolism is very s l o w. You will probably lose faster than I will. I hear it's the more you weigh the easier it is to lose. Anyway, if you are willing to give support we can be friends. I am on here every day. Sue
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I wish you the absolute best of luck with your goals. A lot of the time, simply making the decision is a huge step towards hitting your goals.

In 2012 I weighed 137lbs more than I do now. I was your typical yo-yo dieter, never managing to shift more than a couple of pounds, always putting them back on plus more. Then something snapped and I just knew that I had to do it. It took me two years, but I did it, and I am SO happy now that I am at my goal.

Feel free to chat with me via inbox if you want to chat. I can help to motivate you for sure. I want to give people the motivation that I had, because I am incredibly glad that I made the journey!

Gemma xx
  • LynnieG85
    LynnieG85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :) best of luck with your weight loss. Feel free to add me if you're looking for support.

Lynne xx
  • Kithera
    Kithera Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hiya - I'm in the same boat. And the doc just said I was diabetic and anemic. *suck* I could use some support too. I'm at 317, down 11 now. That feeling of being a little lost, tired, confused, and sad. I think we all wish for a hug sometimes and some cheerleaders to get us through the next hours of the day. I honestly don't think that it makes any of us bad or failures, just people. And people need other people. I'm here, trying to log everything. (my food diary is open) And I started blogging. Just writing it down even if no-one ever goes there to read it makes me feel more honest with myself and more open to the universe. Here's the blog.. http://greenkithera.blogspot.ca/2013_08_01_archive.html The cool thing is that I can go back and read my entries and its like a window into good days and bad and is helping me to learn what worked and what didn't.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I started off at well over 300 - 382 lbs in mid January, and I am down 67 lbs. I still have a LONG way to go but I am amazed that I have come this far, since I was really close to just giving up. Just starting this process is a huge first step, you should be proud of yourself for doing that! Once you start feeling better and seeing the numbers on the scale go down, the motivation and the momentum will increase! The only thing I wish I had done differently is more exercise in the beginning, because when I started exercising on a regular basis I saw a bigger difference. On the flip side of that, at 382 lbs there wasn't a lot I could do without hurting after a while. Take care of yourself and do this for yourself - know that you can do this!!
  • David1406
    Options
    Can I just say to all you ladies...you're all inspirational. Congratulations to everyone who decided to start on the journey and best wishes for continuing success. You can all do it if you REALLY want it.
  • julesyb1982
    Options
    I have 100 lbs to lose. It's tough and hard to even comprehend. We can do this though!
  • AngelRMartinez
    Options

I love to help motivate. We all need at times for sure. You can defintly add me. We are not alone in this journey. :)
  • simply_myself
    simply_myself Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend invite. :) Motivation is a great thing to have!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it's about you doing it yourself. Having people telling you to do it means you're not motivated internally. And it has to start there. People can "inspire" and "encourage", but none of it matters if you're not motivated yourself.
    It's a tough road, but that's why not many people take it. Much easier to hop on the bus and take a ride (get fat) rather that walk that road that may have obstacles. But in the end, when you reach the finish line, the people on the bus will realize that ride will cost them more than they think.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    absolutely, motivation comes from within. others can inspire and support you but motivation is all you. Im glad something clicked in me and there's nothing or no-one that well stop me from achieving my weight loss. I am motivated beyond belief. how bad do YOU want it?