Protein powder

Options
joaniej75
joaniej75 Posts: 136 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
What is the best protein powder for shakes? I am not a big breakfast person and think this would be best for me along with a piece of fruit. Was just wondering if there was a specific kind I should buy

Replies

• joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    you will probably get a ton of responses. It boils down to finding one that you like the taste of, the price of, and the nutrient makeup of. Personally, I use Nutracore Lean Active 7. The only place I know to get it is at Total Nutrition, which may not be near you. I think you can order online from them, though.

disclaimer: I have no association with either of these two companies. I just have 4 big tubs (4 flavors) of their powder on my counter :)
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    vanilla is good because you can change the taste of it by adding whatever you want.
  • phxfire1952
    phxfire1952 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm for protein without sucralose or aspartame . I use a protein named MRM...made with stevia. Vanilla is great, and fresh fruit can be added. Jay Robb is another protein powder that I believe is made with stevia. Good Luck.

J
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm on a budget so I buy Pure Protein with 25 grams of protein and 3-4 carbs depending on flavor. I especially like the Frosty Chocolate and the Creamy Vanilla. It's $19.88 for a 2 lb tub at Walmart.
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    BSN syntha 6 is the best tasting one i have ever tried. Higher in carbs/fat/cals than most others but its worth it to me bc i can mix it with straight water and it still tastes delish.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I also prefer to use vanilla because it is more versatile than the other flavors, it adds just a little something to a strawberry smoothie :)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Syntha 6, Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard, and Dymatize are all great options. As someone stated earlier i would go with chocolate or vanilla as they are versatile and can be mixed with numerous things.

You might think "Oh i can drink this with water/milk and it's fine!" but you'll want to mix it up once in a while!
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb is my favorite! You can order online - it tastes good, mixes good and is lower calorie and no additives - he uses stevia for sweetening.
  • morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    you will probably get a ton of responses. It boils down to finding one that you like the taste of, the price of, and the nutrient makeup of.

This. Isopure in Dutch Chocolate is my favorite. I've tried the strawberries and cream (it's butt, don't try it), and I have an unflavored one that I use as a thickener or in baking.
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Trutein Chocolate Peanut Butter or Cinnabon flavor
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Protein powder. Better buy a tube of Preparation H to go with it.
  • hteepeg
    hteepeg Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb is my favorite! You can order online - it tastes good, mixes good and is lower calorie and no additives - he uses stevia for sweetening.

I second that emotion! :wink:
  • toriforte
    toriforte Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb vanilla whey protein powder is my favorite!
  • TelleyRobyn
    Options
    A hemp plant protein powder is best for you. Hemp is a super food and extremley good for you. packed with omega 3 and 6.:happy:
  • donohoe4
    donohoe4 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Scivation Whey first thing in the morning and pre-workout if I go later in the day (some days I take it twice), Syntha 6 right after my workout because it is higher in carbs, and Casein before bed.

It is about what tastes the best to you. (I LOVE my Syntha) And also, it may depend on what your goals are.
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    A hemp plant protein powder is best for you. Hemp is a super food and extremley good for you. packed with omega 3 and 6.:happy:

Hemp has a much lower BV than whey protein. :(
  • Musichawk4
    Musichawk4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    make sure that the protein is the type your body can use quickly... whey protein isolate is one of the best.
  • DianneP6772
    DianneP6772 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    We have been using ISS Research Whey Power Protein - Vaniila flavored for years. I only find it online. Unfortunately - it will be the taste that determines what you like - but i don't know of anyplace to get samples of different ones! Just have to experiment. But it definitely adds to the taste of a fruit smoothie. Like you are eating something Bad for you - and its not! I have recently fit them into my daily treat after exercising.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    What is the best protein powder for shakes? I am not a big breakfast person and think this would be best for me along with a piece of fruit. Was just wondering if there was a specific kind I should buy

:flowerforyou: TRUTEIN => http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/tru-nutrition/trutein.html?MCID=CG-PLA-US&mr:trackingCode=71CC5E7C-FCA1-E211-8D02-001517384908&mr:referralID=NA&mr:adType=pla&mr:ad=29751537186&mr:keyword=&mr:match=&mr:filter=49429233426
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    We have been using ISS Research Whey Power Protein - Vaniila flavored for years. I only find it online. Unfortunately - it will be the taste that determines what you like - but i don't know of anyplace to get samples of different ones! Just have to experiment. But it definitely adds to the taste of a fruit smoothie. Like you are eating something Bad for you - and its not! I have recently fit them into my daily treat after exercising.

Can i just suggest ordering some protein powder from bodybuilding.com? They always always always throw in free samples of stuff (protein powder, bcaas, a preworkout, etc) when i order with them. They also sell like 3 or 10 servings of products so you don't waste a crap ton of money on something you hate (ahem the 5 lb tub of strawberry flavored whey i have and spent 50$ on).
This discussion has been closed.