Thigh gap.

Options
So over the past years, I've noticed this obsession with thigh gaps. What are your opinions on them?

Many people are trying to achieve them, some easier than others. But do you think it looks attractive? Or do you think a more of a fuller leg looks nice?

I would like a thigh gap, simply because when I wear anything my upper thighs rub together, and this can irritate the skin there. A lot of my jeans also develop holes there from all the crazy rubbing and it's annoying to buy jeans every few months.

It's very frustrating! -.-

Should people be aiming for these things tho? Not that I want a huge gap, I just don't want my legs constantly rubbing together. On some girls it almost reminds me of anorexia.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    NO women should not be "aiming" for them. This is part genetics ......if you don't have the bone structure .... it not gonna happen.

But women should feel ashamed because they lack the bone structure to achieve this dumba*s goal. Rant over....:grumble:
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about a thigh gap to preserve your jeans. Lol. I had this problem too and noticed that as I got closer to my goal weight, the problem disappeared. I still don't have a thigh gap unless I am holding my legs apart intentionally. And that's A-okay with me!
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    It isn't necessarily something to aim for...it almost seems too thin to me. BUT when I wear my tight gym pants, I have a gap too. Some people's legs are just shaped that way...just like how some of us (even us thin people) have thighs that touch! Mine definitely touch when not wearing tight spandex.
  • TheGr8Kimbini
    Options
    I'd like to have one so when I walk or run, my shorts don't go working up north... :grumble: but not everyone has the body type for a thigh gap.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    It's all bone structure. Either you have it or you don't. I happen to have one, but I think it looks weird.
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    thigh gaps are like like butts

support what your momma gave ya
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I should have added this to my list of ridiculous threads.....

The only person I know with a gap between her thighs is my 6 year old girl and my neighbour three doors down who sits like a man
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'd love one but despite having large hips, my knees are slightly knocked

but i rock a pencil skirt

Thinking more for hot days so i dont have to wear shorts to stop rubbing. purely practical.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Thigh gaps are very sexy on someone who has it naturally and isn't underweight.

Thigh gaps are not very sexy on someone who has dieted to extreme thinness.

But that is just my opinion. It doesn't count for jack squat.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options

The only person I know with a gap between her thighs is my 6 year old girl and my neighbour three doors down who sits like a man

How is this ridiculous? It's bone structure. Comparing a grown woman to a 6 year old girl is uncalled for. Getting so very tired of the body shaming. Everyone has a shape. None of those shapes are wrong. I'm 5'4" and 125 pounds. I'm far from being too skinny, but I have a gap. That doesn't mean there is something wrong with me.
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'd love one but despite having large hips, my knees are slightly knocked

but i rock a pencil skirt

Thinking more for hot days so i dont have to wear shorts to stop rubbing. purely practical.

Having hips means you have some curves which is sexier then a thigh gap IMO
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I would like a thigh gap, simply because when I wear anything my upper thighs rub together, and this can irritate the skin there. A lot of my jeans also develop holes there from all the crazy rubbing and it's annoying to buy jeans every few months.

I had this problem too. As I got closer to a healthy weight, the problem disappeared. I have never had a thigh gap, and I never will - my bone structure does not permit it.
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options

:laugh:

I wouldn't mind one but even when I'm thin, I have thick legs. Meh. C'est la vie
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I've never cared. Never came up as a topic until the last few years. Pretty sure the concept originated with thinspo. But whatever.
  • chubbybunnee
    chubbybunnee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I don't know if many of us aim for a thigh gap as much as we just want our thighs to stop rubbing together when we walk or run. lol.

I was running on the treadmill the other day and thought I heard people clapping for me......it was just my inner thighs slapping together. (Read this on a joke site and it made me laugh so hard!)
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I have space between my legs because I have wider hips. Thusly, a meatier behind. How can I win here? lol

I think health, strength and an overall sense of accomplishment are things to strive for., not some silly gap.....
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Nik Richie would be proud
  • es513
    es513 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I like my child bearing hips lol. The one thing my husband tells me to try to keep would be my hips, and my booty. But everyone has their own preferences!
  • Loasaur
    Loasaur Posts: 125
    Options
    Only a small percentage of women can achieve a "thigh gap" naturally without extreme dieting. This is impart because of their bone structure and because of their genetics. Most women who have achieved a thigh gap without proper genetics or bone structure, accomplish it because of extremely unhealthy dieting and extremely low body weight. It is not something you should aim for, as not every can have one and still be healthy.
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I used to care about them, but not anymore. I agree with ya on the chafing issue. Very annoying! Honestly, I seem to gain my weight in my thighs/butt first, so if I'm eating healthy they'll barely rub against each other- if I'm gaining weight/bloated, they'll noticeably rub against each other.