Thigh gap.

Options

Replies

• AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi there is no such thing as a thigh gap. This is usually associated with girls/guys who are borderline anorexic. Sounds like you are doing so well please don't fall into trap.
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I should have added this to my list of ridiculous threads.....

The only person I know with a gap between her thighs is my 6 year old girl and my neighbour three doors down who sits like a man

How is this ridiculous? It's bone structure. Comparing a grown woman to a 6 year old girl is uncalled for. Getting so very tired of the body shaming. Everyone has a shape. None of those shapes are wrong. I'm 5'4" and 125 pounds. I'm far from being too skinny, but I have a gap. That doesn't mean there is something wrong with me.

Ok... for clarification....

Grown women making a 'thigh gap' their ultimate goal IS ridiculous.... and for some, very unhealthy as it results in extreme weight loss to achieve it

That was my point...

Sorry if you got offended by my sarcasm... just bored of the lady children making threads about gaps and bones

People should be striving for health, not the latest fashionable fad
  • caber_tosser
    Options
    I have space between my legs because I have wider hips. Thusly, a meatier behind. How can I win here? lol

I think health, strength and an overall sense of accomplishment are things to strive for., not some silly gap.....

O you win...you win indeed....
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i agree with anyone who states about the thighs rubbing together. i think i am built to have one, i pretty much never remember my thighs rubbing together or touching. i definitely don't think other people notice if someone has a thigh gap, unless they have disordered thoughts and are observant to those kinds of things. you can be underweight and still not have a thigh gap, just depends on the bone structure.
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Want a thigh gap?

Open your legs, there you go.
  • itsbakertime
    itsbakertime Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    So over the past years, I've noticed this obsession with thigh gaps. What are your opinions on them?

Many people are trying to achieve them, some easier than others. But do you think it looks attractive? Or do you think a more of a fuller leg looks nice?

I would like a thigh gap, simply because when I wear anything my upper thighs rub together, and this can irritate the skin there. A lot of my jeans also develop holes there from all the crazy rubbing and it's annoying to buy jeans every few months.

It's very frustrating! -.-

Should people be aiming for these things tho? Not that I want a huge gap, I just don't want my legs constantly rubbing together. On some girls it almost reminds me of anorexia.

I definitely HATE that about my jeans :3
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I personally don't care about them - thigh gap or no thigh gap, I'd be content seeing well-toned legs! lol
  • itsbakertime
    itsbakertime Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I should have added this to my list of ridiculous threads.....

The only person I know with a gap between her thighs is my 6 year old girl and my neighbour three doors down who sits like a man

How is this ridiculous? It's bone structure. Comparing a grown woman to a 6 year old girl is uncalled for. Getting so very tired of the body shaming. Everyone has a shape. None of those shapes are wrong. I'm 5'4" and 125 pounds. I'm far from being too skinny, but I have a gap. That doesn't mean there is something wrong with me.
    Well said! Every body has it's place in the world. Why make someone feel stupid or bad for trying to achieve something they would like? Body shaming isn't an answer. Tact is a desireable skill.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the thread at all but I ran my first 5K yesterday and my inner thigh is where I'm sore. So so happy about that being the place I'm sore! Must do it again.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    No.

There's been several articles in national news organizations about girls being driven straight into the hospital by their desire for a thigh gap, and spending months admitted for treatment of anorexia.

I'm beginning to wonder if women really think 'thigh gap' means what they think it does. >.<
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Thigh gaps are very sexy on someone who has it naturally and isn't underweight.

Thigh gaps are not very sexy on someone who has dieted to extreme thinness.

But that is just my opinion. It doesn't count for jack squat.
    What she said.

And until I started seeing threads about it on this site, it wasn't something I even thought about or really noticed.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda aiming for a thigh gap but only because my thighs are slimming down quite nicely but I now have flabby bumpy skin right at the top of my inner thighs which I'd like to slim down along with the rest of my thighs as I think it looks horrid. I never set out with getting a thigh gap as an aim although it is nice to be able to wear skirts in summer without covering myself in talc lol
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    If you have the bone structure that would allow for a thigh gap when you're at HEALTHY weight, then I see no issue with wanting one.

If you do NOT have the correct bone structure and strive to get one at any cost, then there IS an issue with wanting one.

OP, you need to think about whether or not this goal is realistic AND healthy. If you can't say yes to both, then I'm sorry to say you should let the idea go. As others have said the thigh issue you are having is reduced naturally through healthy weight loss and fitness. Even if your thighs are never *completely* separated, you'll likely see a significant difference as you lose more weight.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    My thighs are sliming with running! And they will keep on slimming if i keep it up...
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the thread at all but I ran my first 5K yesterday and my inner thigh is where I'm sore. So so happy about that being the place I'm sore! Must do it again.

I'm just gonna respond to your comment - since this thigh gap thing is not worth my time.
    YAY YOU! awesome that you ran your first 5k.......AND that you are sore! (well, you know what i mean....awesome you worked hard enough to feel that pain).
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I was going to post in here, but then I found a picture that sums up my feelings perfectly.

Yall_niggas_mars_attacks.jpg
  • drummer_lady
    drummer_lady Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of hoping that I have the right bone structure to be able to achieve one when I'm at a healthy weight, solely for the rubbing/chafing reasons that have been mentioned already. I've never been a completely normal weight as an adult so I don't know for sure if I will have one or not. I don't have any specific thigh gap goals though and if I don't have one at a healthy weight then so be it - I can live without one.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My thighs are sliming with running!
    It's just sweat.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I am knock kneed so no thigh gap for me! Only when sitting with my feet flat on the floor and knees together, is there a little bit of a gap there.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    It's genetics, mostly based on how the thigh bones are positioned in the hip sockets, so no it's not a goal to have. It doesn't matter what "it looks like". Fit, healthy bodies look good with all the variety that exists. Some women have thigh gaps at any size (some men as well). Some girls look like they have a thigh gap because they put their toes together, open at the heels, stick their bum way out, and pull up on the inner arch of the foot. I have a thigh gap if I do that, but that is horrible posture and it looks and feels ridiculous. Otherwise I do not have a thigh gap (and I weigh 100 pounds) because as a dancer I was taught proper posture, which sometimes (in dance) involves pulling the bum in (not sticking it out). It still looks like my bum is sticking out, but that's just because I have a perky booty. I think it's odd that people would place importance on one very specific gap location. Also, even though I do not have a thigh gap, my thighs do not rub together because they do not touch when I am walking (when walking the feet are spaced a little bit apart). So, you don't need a thigh gap to prevent that issue. I am slender, but I don't have super skinny legs. And I would not want to be any slimmer than I am now. Embrace the beautiful body that you have. No need to want another body and no need to put down other bodies either.