Not Ready To Be Old

Options
I'm only 32 and I want to feel 32. My 42 year old husband is in better shape than me and I want to feel like I'm my age again. I also want to prove to myself that I can in fact do this, that I can get healthy on my own. On top of all that I'm trying to start a career as a photographer and I know it will improve things so much if I have more confidence and can move around faster.

Replies

• dryvonnesmith
    dryvonnesmith Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Greetings: I am Dr Smith (user name dryvonnesmith) and I spend my working day analyzing, diagnosing, and prescribing remedies and treatments for depression, low motivation, weight loss, anxiety, etc. There are many things that block a person's ability to loose weight. The very first is the desire--with the desire, we can begin to work on how to stay on track (motivation). It's a head thing. Yes, I am a "shrink" but I too am on this site to stay motivated. I use "my own bag of tricks and treatments" to assist and I am willing to share with others. Today is my first day on the message board, but I have been trackibng my calories via myfitness pal for about 3 weeks now
    I love it. With my calorie tracking I was able to go on a 10 day holiday and not gain a pound--when I weighed in with my nutritionalist/dietician I had lost about a half a pound. Look for my introduction on the message board--Take care and best of luck. Give a shout out, I can help.dryvonnesmith
  • sallyLunn
    Options
    Greetings: I am Dr Smith (user name dryvonnesmith) and I spend my working day analyzing, diagnosing, and prescribing remedies and treatments for depression, low motivation, weight loss, anxiety, etc. There are many things that block a person's ability to loose weight. The very first is the desire--with the desire, we can begin to work on how to stay on track (motivation). It's a head thing. Yes, I am a "shrink" but I too am on this site to stay motivated. I use "my own bag of tricks and treatments" to assist and I am willing to share with others. Today is my first day on the message board, but I have been trackibng my calories via myfitness pal for about 3 weeks now
    I love it. With my calorie tracking I was able to go on a 10 day holiday and not gain a pound--when I weighed in with my nutritionalist/dietician I had lost about a half a pound. Look for my introduction on the message board--Take care and best of luck. Give a shout out, I can help.dryvonnesmith

You should use a picture of Dr. Smith from Lost In Space as your avatar. LOL.

Seriously, welcome Dr Smith.

Welcome to you too, Robin.
  • redhotsmacker
    redhotsmacker Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! You will find many supportive people on this site! The confidence will come as the pounds start dropping, atleast that is what has happened to me. Set yourself mini goals, they work, before you know it you will find yourself just chugging along on your journey.

From one pro photographer to another, good luck with the career/business! I ended up opening my business just over a year ago and already have a large client base! Probably the best thing I ever did! I can now, stay at home with my kiddies, while working for myself! I love it!
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    In about a week I will be 61 years old. Since I have been losing weight and eating healthy. I lieterly feel better now and have more energy than I did when I was in my 30s. 10 years ago, I was near death with 100 % heart blockage and before that, was barely able to walk or even get out of the house for over a year.

Today, I am up to at least 3 miles a day, I do wateraerobics 2 to 3 times a week. It amazes me how eating the right foods can make such a difference. Even when I carry over 300 lbs of weight still.

Hang in there, now is the time to life a great life. don't wait as long as I did.
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Robin - you will find so much support here! Good luck with the photography - it is a very rewarding career xxx
  • amyfly
    amyfly Posts: 137
    Options
    You've come to a great place for motivation and support! I, too, am 32 and was feeling a lot older than my age. I had a hormone imbalance that went misdiagnosed as anxiety/depression for years and with that came weight gain and a hand full of other health issues. About a year ago I finally had enough and started changing my habits. I really struggled with it for a while but then, last April I found this site and I have to say the change since then has been amazing. I'm am now the same size I was in college (actually a little smaller) but beyond that I have more energy and feel healthier than i did in my early 20's. I hope you find the same motivation, support and success I have on MFP - it's hard at first, but so worth it:) Feel free to friend me for support - best of luck!
  • hismuse
    hismuse Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm trying to focus on the food right now and keeping track, being conscious what I eat. The working out part is hard for me because I work 40 hours a week, commute 15 hours a week and do photography on my time off. I'm more than physically tired when I get home, I'm emotionally drained. I hope that if I can get in a good place with food, get it under control, I'll get more control over exercise.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this great site. You will find all the tools you need to lose weight and get healthy here. Just log in your food and move a little more each week. I do nature photography so do lots of hiking and trekking around to get the shot.
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    Welcome! You can do this! Just believe in yourself... MFP is awesome, and so are its members! Grab some friends to cheer you on to success, and let's do this! :-)
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Hello love! Am I just a complete dork to be super excited to have you as a friend on here, too?

Either way, I'm a dork.

And I TOTALLY think you can do it. Just gotta accept that there will be good days and there will be GREAT days and that there will be bad days too. As long as you keep coming back to the path you have set out for your goal.

Hang in there. I think this is a great start!

XOXO
    Katie (aka Kekibird)