So i made a mistake last night. need help

Options
Last night my friends and i came home from college and decided to go to Chinese buffet. We all pigged out and i think i ate at least 2000 calories (maybe more)!!!! lol

- small portions of like 4 types of chicken.
- noodles and chicken from hibachi grill.
- fried rice
- lots of desert
- beans
- other appetizer stuff.
- ice cream

they only healthy choice i made was to drink water haha

so my question is, Should i just act like it never happened and continue with my regular diet and exercise? or should i record it in yesterday's journal and exercise my butt off and eat less today?

grrrrrr!!! i feel so guilty!!

Replies

• farmgirlh
    Options
    It happened, take note and try to do better next time. We all have days like that. Today go about as you would normally. If you can drink extra water.
  • dresdenkali
    Options
    Yeah, it happened but don't let it beat you down. One thing, do not try and starve or take in to few calories to try and make up for it.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, That was lastnight, today is a new day. There will always be times when you go crazy, best thing to do is try and keep them to as few as you can but never ever beat yourself up over it.

#1 thing is just make sure you log everything you can to the best of your abilty so you can see what you have been doing. Good and bad.
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up, just get back on the horse and have a good day!
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    Forget about it, and keep it moving! :-)
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    that was yesterday - today is a new day! Focus on today - and what you can do today. We all have those days where we eat too many calories, or don't work out, don't get our water in....but it's a new day! Hurray!

:smile: :smile: :smile:
  • FeatherStone13
    Options
    it happend...report it. It will be a good reminder for next time. and dont beat yourself up about it...we are all human and need a little wiggle room now and then. today is another day! :-)
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Record it, a lot of time it helps to see what your putting in your body! BUT... do no obsess about it, just work forward not backwards! ..
  • leslieheb
    leslieheb Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You can’t kill yourself over it. I have also heard that having one meal with extra calories is good for you. It makes your metabolism boost for that week. My sister who is a cross fit trainer is Austin has one cheat meal a week. But, you can't beat yourself up over it... I would maybe just work a little harder to burn extra calories but not kill your self. And just keep plugging along.
  • niclexiemom
    niclexiemom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    all great advise...I know it is easier said than done. But you can do this. Move past it
  • ninja250
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Just back to normal. You probably ate more than 2000 with that list....lol....which is fine, as I always think cheat days kick your metabolism into touch. For example, I had a bad, bad weekend, fuelled with alcohol and bbq meat. Getting back on the diet, exercising and drinking lots of water, I'm 2lbs down :bigsmile:

Don't worry about it!! :flowerforyou:

Just dont weigh, unless you can handle the water weight caused by sodium overload in chinese food!!

By next week, you will probably find you've lost, hopefully :wink:

But dont do that more than once a fortnight!! Or it might stick!! :wink:
  • hmrtym
    hmrtym Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    you have to give yourself a cheat day, once in a while. You admit that it happened, learn from it for next time, and keep on moving:)
  • jessicajm
    Options
    ECCCHOOOOOOO... Forget about it. Sometimes a little change up isn't a horrible thing. I would take note though. (I had to do the same thing when I ate a bowl of Sherbert at Youth Group last night! :blushing: )
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    yesterday has been and gone, mistakes have been made.

Log it and move on Today is a new day :happy:
  • becki101_4
    becki101_4 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I did the exact same thing yesterday. I had this craving for toast, so I had a piece, and once I started I couldn't stop. Anyways, like the other posters have said, bad days happen. We're human. We can't be 100% perfect all of the time. And sometimes it's fun to just be bad. This isn't something you're doing every day, or even every week, so I wouldn't worry about it. Exercise more today if you want to, but definitely don't try to starve yourself to make up for yesterday. Your body can handle an extra load of calories every once in a while. You're still going to see weight loss.

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
    -Emerson
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Don't stress too much about it. Personally I just eat like 100-200 cals less each day for 3-4 days following the splurge.
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Options
    You need to go out with your friends and eat like that occasionally or you won't stick with your new lifestyle change. Just keep trying to make good choices.
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    record, learn and move on.
  • Last night my friends and i came home from college and decided to go to Chinese buffet. We all pigged out and i think i ate at least 2000 calories (maybe more)!!!! lol

- small portions of like 4 types of chicken.
    - noodles and chicken from hibachi grill.
    - fried rice
    - lots of desert
    - beans
    - other appetizer stuff.
    - ice cream

they only healthy choice i made was to drink water haha

so my question is, Should i just act like it never happened and continue with my regular diet and exercise? or should i record it in yesterday's journal and exercise my butt off and eat less today?

grrrrrr!!! i feel so guilty!!

NO guilt!! We all have our slip-ups ... After all .... This IS life!! I did exactly this a few weeks back ... And wouldn't ya know it .... There's actually a database entry for a gen. Chinese Buffet (or something like that). I recorded it because there was no way I was going to remember everything I ate individually. I think it recorded as about 3000 cals! I looked at the log ... Grimaced ... And went on to tomorrow! I felt guilty about it for 2 days!! LOL!! OH ... Definitely 'YES!!' on the water (but that's an every day thing anyway) ... Exercise your butt off??!! Well ... If that's one of your problem areas I'm sure the daily exercise you do will definitely accomplish that goal ... But ... Just go back to your every day routine. If it'll make you feel better take an extra run/walk (outside, treadmill, elliptical, or whatever ...)! You have a great day!! KUDOS for coming to the Forum to get answers and admit a momentary lapse in judgment!