How Long did it Take For ppl to Notice Your Weight Loss?

I have lost 15lbs and I can see and feel it! How long did it take for anyone to notice you guys were losing weight!
No one has said anything yet!

Replies

• krc99080
    krc99080 Posts: 147 Member
    It depended who it was. I had some family notice something when I'd only lost 5-10 pounds. Other people it took me losing 30 before they noticed. I think it can be based on how observant people are.
  • Davenpcm
    Davenpcm Posts: 20
    Down 25 pounds and abs are starting to show, still no one noticed. Only difference is that people have been calling me muscular rather than athletic recently.
  • It took ages for people to notice my weight loss. I'd lost about 20 pounds before anyone said anything. So around 3 months... It really frustrated me at first.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    the people that see you every day will take a while to notice. the people that only see you a few times a year will notice the second you walk thru the door
  • phylisrn
    phylisrn Posts: 11 Member
    I also wonder if ppl notice but don't say anything. I know I have noticed that ppl have lost weight ,but I felt uncomfortable saying how good they looked, as if they looked bad when bigger? Know what I mean?
  • Teenalove912
    Teenalove912 Posts: 18 Member
    What I've learned is that once someone comments that I've lost weight it usually sabotages me. So for me I'd rather people just keep their comments about my weight or anyone else's weight to themselves. In my opinion...don't worry about what people say about your weight after all you are doing this for yourself.
  • breeZrizi
    breeZrizi Posts: 213 Member
    probably around 10 lbs before the people I see often said anything.
    the ones I hardly see was around 5 lbs. I can definitely tell after just 5, it sounds like a little but that's a good amount of fat and a bit of extra room in my jeans lol
  • bob_day
    bob_day Posts: 87
    In the 10 years that I lost over 50 pounds, going from overweight
    to, for a few days, to underweight, no one ever mentioned my weight
    loss to me -- probably because it was so slow that no one ever noticed.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    I'm still waiting on someone to notice
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member

have you lost weight? you look like you've lost some weight
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member

I noticed suns. I always do. Before your wife even. And I'm never afraid to tel. I even noticed the tan you got in your new pic. I care!

OP: It would depend alot on your body type, weight % loss, how you carry the weight, how you dress. When I started losing weight in US, people noticed after like 10 lbs. Here in Asia. after 55 lbs they recently noticed and the only reason they did was because I wore a tighter t-shirt that showed my muscles (a bit)
  • ElsaVonMarmalade
    ElsaVonMarmalade Posts: 154 Member
    My mom notices 5 pounds. Nobody else has ever noticed anything. Of course the most I've lost is 19 pounds - VERY noticeable to me (halfway to my goal), but apparently not to others :) That's OK, the extra confidence I feel more than makes up for it.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member

mqdefault.jpg
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    It was about 3 months and 30 lbs later for me. Mostly from people I hadn't seen in a while.
  • lyndausvi
    lyndausvi Posts: 156 Member
    My DH noticed after the first 5lbs, but not between 6-16 lbs. My co-workers in New Orleans who I had not seen since April noticed as soon as I got off the plane. We just moved here, so the friends where don't have a frame of reference.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member

mqdefault.jpg

And I'm not even drinking yet
  • I think a lot of people don't want to mention it because they may worry that they'll offend you if you actually haven't or if you aren't actually dieting. Others may be shy about complimenting people.
  • ellel1234
    ellel1234 Posts: 25 Member
    I started at 180 pounds and When I got to 165ish - I think some of my closest friends noticed but otherwise noone really said much. When I got to 155 pounds, I started getting a LOT of compliments. So for me 25 pounds.
  • syk731
    syk731 Posts: 34 Member
    Even though I lost weight gradually, no one noticed that I lost weight until I bought some new (appropriately fitting) clothes 3 sizes smaller than I had been wearing after about 27 lbs lost. Then the comments started, and everyone thought I had suddenly lost weight, which I hadn't.

I didn't see a lot of my kids' friends parents all summer, and now that I am seeing them again, several of them have commented about the weight loss as well.
  • nikkirec
    nikkirec Posts: 24 Member
    I read an article once that said most people only notice if a person is overweight or of normal weight!!! If that's true I have a way to go before anyone notices! ???? I notice it and DH does too and thats what really matters plus I think it depends how your built.