Those who have lost weight WITHOUT excercise

Options
I've been given strict orders by my doctor to participate in no excerise that will even remotely increase my heart rate, I'm not even suppose to climb any stairs and sex is currently out of the question completely. Even though I have now surpassed my weight loss goals, I am still at the higher end of a healthy BMI and would prefer to be in the middle range of my BMI, which is only another 8 - 13 lbs. I have another 10 weeks of no excerise (but luckily can resume VERY modified excercise, such as grocery shopping/light cleaning/etc 2 weeks from now), and would like to loose those 8-10 lbs within this time frame (I am in no rush).

So my question is, who else was able to loose the weight WITHOUT excercising in anyway in this time frame and how many calories where you eating to loose it? All my doctor has said was what I am doing now is working (consuming 1300 cal. and not eating back excercise calories) but must now eliminate all excercise at this time.

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit will lead to weight loss. ~500 calorie a day deficit should get you the results you want without exercise.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    ^ Agree with the above. A calorie deficit should work without exercise.
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I lost all the weight I wanted to lose with very little exercise. All that matters is that there is a deficit. I think i even had an advantage; I was more motivated to suceed because I was limited:). Good luck!
  • jeremyjirwin
    Options
    sex is currently out of the question completely

Find yourself a new doctor.