So i made a mistake last night. need help

Options
2»

Replies

• Last night my friends and i came home from college and decided to go to Chinese buffet. We all pigged out and i think i ate at least 2000 calories (maybe more)!!!! lol

- small portions of like 4 types of chicken.
    - noodles and chicken from hibachi grill.
    - fried rice
    - lots of desert
    - beans
    - other appetizer stuff.
    - ice cream

they only healthy choice i made was to drink water haha

so my question is, Should i just act like it never happened and continue with my regular diet and exercise? or should i record it in yesterday's journal and exercise my butt off and eat less today?

grrrrrr!!! i feel so guilty!!

NO guilt!! We all have our slip-ups ... After all .... This IS life!! I did exactly this a few weeks back ... And wouldn't ya know it .... There's actually a database entry for a gen. Chinese Buffet (or something like that). I recorded it because there was no way I was going to remember everything I ate individually. I think it recorded as about 3000 cals! I looked at the log ... Grimaced ... And went on to tomorrow! I felt guilty about it for 2 days!! LOL!! OH ... Definitely 'YES!!' on the water (but that's an every day thing anyway) ... Exercise your butt off??!! Well ... If that's one of your problem areas I'm sure the daily exercise you do will definitely accomplish that goal ... But ... Just go back to your every day routine. If it'll make you feel better take an extra run/walk (outside, treadmill, elliptical, or whatever ...)! You have a great day!! KUDOS for coming to the Forum to get answers and admit a momentary lapse in judgment!
  • Iwillxceed
    Iwillxceed Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This isn't the first and it won't be the last time that you go to a buffet. It's really hard to be dieting when you are hanging with your buddies who are not (believe me I know)...everyone keeps offering me beer and wine and pork ribs!!! WTH!!! they already know I'm trying to be healthy but people will still be bad influences. Next time you go the chinese buffet "If you have to", eat the same thing that you ate but heck just get one small plate (the plates are small to begin with) and eat very slow......eat a small amount of ice cream, just to tickle your tast buds.....and try to pick the healthy things like green beans (those are delicious at the buffet).....or crab legs cause hell, you will be there all night trying to crack those things, then everyone will be finished eating and it's time to leave...lol.....and don't sweat yesterday friend, just get your butt on check today ok!
  • freeatlast20
    freeatlast20 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    we are all human and we make mistakes....just get right back on track.....one slip doesnt mean the end of your weight loss journey..I know its easier said than done...ive been there myself..but dont let it make you quit....drink plenty of water to help and heres wishing you continued success on your weight loss journey....together we can do it!!
  • vjade
    vjade Posts: 27
    Options
    I would say just get back on and forget about it. What's done is done right? It happens to everyone.
  • nalia08
    nalia08 Posts: 252
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with treating yourself! Look at it as a treat! Take note of what you ate and how fast you ate it. Use that as an example on how to correct it next time and what you can do to correct it. For example if you go again, maybe eating slower, restricting to 2 plates, smaller portions of everything, drinking a cup of water before you eat. It is not the end of the world. You will need experiences to learn from to make your journey worthwhile!
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. Record it and go on. It is a part of living. We all have days like that. The key is to have them only every now and again. Record it and go on. And pay no attention to the scale for the next several days. There was probably a significant amount of sodium and you may see a temp water weight gain. Learn from it and move forward.
  • ninja250
    Options
    Thanks guys!

i guess its not that bad now. I feel better now and yeah ill probably go again in a month or so and not feel bad about it :)
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Eh. Count it as your cheat meal. I give myself one a week. I did this last weekend; Ate three cheat meals instead of just one. I still lost weight. We all fall off the wagon. Don't feel guilty about food. When we start doing that, we defeat ourselves. Food is meant to be enjoyed. Just in moderation. Eat to live; don't live to eat. Sounds like you've got that down. Enjoy what it was, and realize one bad meal isn't going to throw your whole new life style change off forever. Drink more water to day to help flush your system of the sodium though. But I too love me some Chinese food! lol
  • crizma2001
    Options
    Record it so you know what it is that you ate and you can physically see it. Go back to your normal routine today. Dont eat less or excersize more. Just take it as a learning experience.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your little splurge, but don't punish yourself today for it! Eat how you would normally, do not try to eat too low to balance out for yesterday or anything like that. By all means, just exercise a bit more than you normally would.
  • deanna324
    deanna324 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat one day. You probably did yourself a favor and actually revved up your metabolism. Just get back on track today and do try to drink lots of water. Probably the worst thing was the sodium.....lots of that in Chinese food.