Target loss/wk
    2lb (0.9kg)
    Target date
    01 February 11

Target cals/day
    Cals burnt/day

Current BMI
    BMI at goal

Am I reading it wrong? I am totally confused now.

The calories burnt = 1850.

By eating 850 calories per day, that equals to a calories deficit of 1000 calories per day. Multiply 1000 by 7 (days), that equals 7000 calories per week.

3500 calories deficit will result in a 1lb weight loss, therefore 7000 calories deficit will result in 2lb weight loss.

2lb weight loss is what you input and indicated what you wished to lose each week. Hence why it has come up with that 850 figure.
  • Maggie1960
    Options
    As the last person said - i did my data and it was fine - are you sure you did it right - my mate did it and it was ok

I think I must have just been being a bit thick - I keyed in my details again, exactly the same as before, and got completely different results:embarassed: :embarassed: Now it says I can eat 1406 calories a day.

I'm glad it was me being being stupid and NOT the website promoting very low calorie diets for all and sundry. Still gutted it says it will take me until February 2011 to reach my goal though:frown: But slow and steady does it I guess.

Sorry folks. *backs out of the thread slowly* Maybe I should apologise to Food Focus now?:bigsmile:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    ah, don't fret. You don't need that site anyway. AND slow and steady is the way to go, of course!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    As the last person said - i did my data and it was fine - are you sure you did it right - my mate did it and it was ok

I think I must have just been being a bit thick - I keyed in my details again, exactly the same as before, and got completely different results:embarassed: :embarassed: Now it says I can eat 1406 calories a day.

I'm glad it was me being being stupid and NOT the website promoting very low calorie diets for all and sundry. Still gutted it says it will take me until February 2011 to reach my goal though:frown: But slow and steady does it I guess.

Sorry folks. *backs out of the thread slowly* Maybe I should apologise to Food Focus now?:bigsmile:

:laugh: don't worry about it, just glad it all got sorted out :flowerforyou:
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Lol I was going to say I would end up chewing my own arm off on that low a number! xxx
  • ninja250
    Options
    hahah yeah that is definitely 100% wrong!!