New Mom- MD/DC

Options
Hey Everyone.....

I just signed up...Im a new mom to a 3mth old baby boy...Time to start losing this baby weight!!! Add me as a friend...Because i need motivation!!!

Replies

• sharonmac
    Options
    :happy: Hi there. I am a new mom 3rd time around. My little boy is 4 weeks old. This site is great. so much support and motivation. Welcome!
  • deemedpriceless
    deemedpriceless Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, I am new to the site as well. Just had baby #2. She is 11 weeks old. I am a nursing mom so I am trying to figure out if I should just add 300 calories to the numbers they are giving to stay healthy. I pray this works because I don't want to go pay the WW people.
  • magdalena1976
    magdalena1976 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I have a 3 month old girl, let's be friends!!!!
  • ecp2698
    ecp2698 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have a 4 month old daughter, too. I signed up for this about a month ago, and I love it so far! I am BF so losing the weight kind of slowly, I give myself 500 extra calories a day. It has been working, though! Good luck!

Aleaglin- If you are exclusively BF, you can look up breastfeeding under food and add the calories to your diary daily, that's what I do. Hope that helps!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm in Northern Virginia myself. Best of luck with your journey!
  • Hova1914
    Hova1914 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    welcome! i live in dc too. so if you find a good, reasonably priced gym let me know, because i'm STILL looking *lol*
  • oh10girl
    Options
    Im also breastfeeding exclusively....help me out Emmy..what should i do when it comes to adding calories and the whole adding it to the daily diary
  • HYeliab
    Options
    Welcome all you new comers. I live in the MD/DC area as well. My gym is Fitness First. They have a number of locations throughout the area. I live in Montgomery County. I know they have a couple in NOVA not sure about Prince George's. I like them alot. Good luck with everyone's fitness goals. Feel free to friend me and we can stay in touch.
    -HB
  • LGIFitness2K11
    Options
    HI! My daughter is 2 1/2 and i haven't lost my weight yet because I gave up trying in a delusion that I would bounce back to a size 6 right after she was born! Needless to say, I'm on a mission to get rid of the baby weight and some! Don't ever give up no matter what set backs or obstacles you may face during your journey! You can do this WE ALL CAN if we put our mind to it and stay consistent each and every day!

I actually used to live in the DC/MD area. i grew up in Takoma Park, Md and have been in the South since college!

Good luck and God bless we are in it together :)
  • oh10girl
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHA MY FIRST REAL BF NAME WAS HB!!!! Hilarious... Im definitely in this for the long run...Ive worked out 3 days in a row and my body is sore but im keepin at it!!!! Tomorrow Bootcamp at 0800hrs!!! Yesterdays Bootcamp...OMG i couldnt believe i was able to do all of it....

Thanks KE09 for the kind words...God Bless!!!!

Lets stay on each other yall!!!!

Happy Friday!!!!
  • tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! This website is awesome! Please use all of the tools, and pals opinion and advice. Everyone here is a plethora of information!

Again Welcome!
    Tameka
  • tameka1220
    Options
    Oh and welcome to the area! I live in MD too, not that far. ANd work in D.C
  • oh10girl
    Options
    Thanks Tameka....You better believe im using every thing on this site...So far so good...but people wanna keep what they eat private....Not Me!!! Im an open book when it comes to this weight loss...I wanna see what everyone else is eating...lol..that way i have ideas for meals
  • tameka1220
    Options
    Very good! I'm considering making mine public.... we'll see! LOL!!! But I do enjoy looking at everyone else's. it's very helpful
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! The folks on here are awesome, and will cheer you to success! I'm not a mom, but I can certainly be a friend! I sent you a request. Good luck with your journey... :-)
  • HYeliab
    Options
    You are doing the right thing. That boot camp is serious. I did one and it was great. I only did two weeks (for financial reasons) but it will definitely get you going. I am sure you will have alot of success.
    -HB

ps - Clearly your 1st boyfriend had great initials! (LOL!)
  • oh10girl
    Options
    lmao at hb...his name was howard bruce
  • jadeskiss83
    Options
    Hey girl!

I live about 30 mintues south of DC and I also have a three month old son and a three year old ....Good luck to you and feel free to add me!
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    So this is where all the Marylanders are hanging out! I'm in Indian Head, MD and work in DC. Anyone live near me?:happy:
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    HB any gyms in Indian Head/Waldorf area?