I WILL NOT BE 40 AND OUT OF SHAPE!

Options
Greeting everyone, I'm LaToya and new to the site. But so far I am LOVING IT!!! I'm 35 years old, and I am determined to be 40 and Fabulous. But of course I have to make those lifestyle changes NOW! I am so eager to get this 40 lbs off of me and keep it off, but I need TONS of motivation. I welcome the opportunity to connect with like minded people and make new friends on this quest of healthy living! :happy:

Replies

• carreen
    carreen Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have the same goal for myself, but I will be 40 in 13 1/2 months, so I've really got to get busy! Feel free to friend request me :)
  • bumpthat2000
    Options
    I'm with you LaToya! I'm pushing 39 (November) and I've got about 50 to lose. Best of luck to us both!
  • nalia08
    nalia08 Posts: 252
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I think you can achieve it as you have set the pace in the right direction! Making friends is the key to keeping the motivation. Send a friend request if you like!
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and just know that age has nothing to do with being in shape. Good eating and working out is all the magic needed.
  • Iwillxceed
    Iwillxceed Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome, La Toya....girl I'm already 40 and my fat behind needs to lose about 70 pounds to reach my goal. The hardest part are all the bad influences around you. It's seems like people don't want to see you succeed sometimes, or they say "your not fat"!! then tell me why I can't fit into a size 12.....lol......You made a great choice coming on mfp....it's bee only 10 days that I have started dieting and using this site and I already lost over 7 pounds, and that's without intense exercise. We can all do this together, we just have to learn how to deal with everyday events and how to eat out, and at parties. I wish you success La Toya!
  • oh10girl
    Options
    Ummmmm I wanna know what your doing Iwillxceed!!!!!

Go TOya ....Go TOya!!!! YES WE CAN!!!!!!
  • sexylonglegs
    Options
    I just turned 40 ~ hating every minute of it. LOL.

Welcome to MFP!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Turned 41 here - I'm now feeling better than I ever did in my 30's and 20's. You'll get there! Good luck to you!
  • ADIVA2NV1
    ADIVA2NV1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Latoya, Welcome to the site..Im 42..always considered myself to fabulous and fat..lol..but know I have a diffrent outlook on life,Im determined to get fit and be fabulous..you can do it!!!..we can do it together..."Watch me Work"
  • mytmom
    Options
    Welcome, La Toya....girl I'm already 40 and my fat behind needs to lose about 70 pounds to reach my goal. The hardest part are all the bad influences around you. It's seems like people don't want to see you succeed sometimes, or they say "your not fat"!! then tell me why I can't fit into a size 12.....lol......You made a great choice coming on mfp....it's bee only 10 days that I have started dieting and using this site and I already lost over 7 pounds, and that's without intense exercise. We can all do this together, we just have to learn how to deal with everyday events and how to eat out, and at parties. I wish you success La Toya!
  • mytmom
    Options
  • mytmom
    Options
    I am seriously haveing a brain fade on the message boards this morning. I'm 42 and also have a good 60-70 pounds to loose. It's very hard for me to get motivated, stay motivated and just do what I know is all I need to do. Why is it so hard? It's nice and cool out this morning, I should be out walking the dogs, but here I sit. One of our kittens ran away last night and we're just devastated, normally a reason for me to stress eat, but I think I'll put on my walking clothes, hook on my hrm and go log a couple of miles, hopefully that will keep me from wanting to over indulge today.
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    June of 2009 - 38th birthday - 333 pounds
    June of 2010 - 39th birthday - 225 pounds

I have maintained in the 220s since.

If I can do it you can!

Just look at DanOhh, He is already over the hill and he did it too :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Just look at DanOhh, He is already over the hill and he did it too :laugh: :bigsmile:
    Ump, I look at as chornologically plateaued. :tongue:
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! We'll be your cheerleaders! You can do it! And if you need a buddy, feel free to add me. :-)
  • toya860
    toya860 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouraging words...I knew I came to the right place when I signed up, but you guys confirmed it. YOU ALL ROCK!!! :flowerforyou: