Very annoying - I call it "python syndrome".

Options
So I have abs now. I finally have abs! But, only part of the day. I can wake up with flat nice, defined stomach and have it half the day. But after dinner I can look like a python who swallowed a piglet. Same goes if I don't poop for one day. It is annoying.

I finally got here, and I'm only here part-time. I wonder if losing more weight would help.

Replies

• mayflowermn
    mayflowermn Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    "Python syndrome", eh? Now I can finally put a name to my illness! lol

Always find it amazing how "thin" one can feel if they have a stomach that is rumbling away and crying "feed me, feed me" but the instant you do, you suddenly feel like a python that ate it's way through the better part of the Amazon jungle!

But seriously, it is quite the coincidence to see your post since I weighed in good today but for some reason I have a good "pooch" going in the stomach area and I don't understand why and it's been bugging me all afternoon/evening. But I do know that our bodies fluctuate quite a bit even throughout the day and that sometimes that is just the way it is.

P.S. I don't know how to say it without it sounding a bit wrong/weird, but damn girl....if that's you in the avatar, what's not to love about you! lol A big ol' mug of beer and a pretzel.......now that's living!
  • Stary714
    Stary714 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    This is kind of entertaining lol It's just a reminder that healthy people have problems too :P
  • mayflowermn
    mayflowermn Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    :) And then someone pops on that is a horseback rider! I am so envious of you! I sure miss having a horse & riding.

And you're right....it is a reminder that healthy people still have issues! :) dang....so much for the light at the end of the tunnel! lol
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Omg I know what you mean! If I have to pee really bad it messes up the whole thing.

I could have done before and after pics this morning. Before and after giving birth, that is.
  • blackermagic
    Options
    TMI pcastagner
  • blackermagic
    Options
    As far as the topic goes...yes I have the same problem. But I swear...I just look at food and gain 4 lbs! Ha! I want to get in the single digit % of body fat. I am close I think...but I still can't get a full six-pack. Sometimes they go away for a couple of days!

I have been forcing myself to eat more protein and do two-a-days if my work schedule allows it. I have even been getting out of my comfort zone of just running 7 miles a day, by going to the gym and taking spin class and a total conditioning class. Nothing like being the only guy in a total conditioning class!!
  • ashandloggiesmom
    ashandloggiesmom Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Well, at least you have a flat stomach part-time. I feel pregnant pretty much all day...and I'm not, lol. Working on losing it though.
  • soulmatesnvrdie
    Options
    I always heard of it as being called a "food baby" lol
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Heck yes.

When I wake up, I'm pretty happy with my stomach. But it gets progressively pudgier throughout the day. So annoying.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    If you are already slim enough to have abs showing, losing more weight probably won't help. You are most likely eating something that is causing bloating. I've always been a slim person, but I used to have bloating problems until I eliminated the two foods that my bowels have a sensitivity to.

I accidentally cured this "python syndrome" after my doctor put me on an elimination diet to find out what was causing my digestive disorder. My trigger foods are dairy and wheat, but yours may be different. Without losing a single pound, I lost a pant size, just from getting rid of the bloat. Figure out what's in your diet that your digestive system doesn't like and you'll feel and look better. :drinker:
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Clearly the solution is to stop eating and drinking throughout the day.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Good point! I felt slim this morning, just had pizza and now I feel preggers. No regrets, tho. Tomorrow morning will have coffee and get slim again and then... boom. Vicious cycle.
  • Adrianachiarato
    Adrianachiarato Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Cut down on carbs and gluten and they will show up more.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure it is normal. Any animal gets a bigger fuller belly after a meal.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    So I have abs now. I finally have abs! But, only part of the day. I can wake up with flat nice, defined stomach and have it half the day. But after dinner I can look like a python who swallowed a piglet. Same goes if I don't poop for one day. It is annoying.

I finally got here, and I'm only here part-time. I wonder if losing more weight would help.

Omg...I thought it was only me! :ohwell:
  • BrentJulius
    BrentJulius Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water all day. Should keep you from retaining.. Try to eat as much potassium as you eat in sodium.
  • runlikeananna
    runlikeananna Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Your stomach swells to something like 40 times it's original shape. Of course it's going to get bigger as you eat. :)
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I have python syndrome...And its that my biceps are out of control...Someone call animal control

Extreme!!!