Apple Myth...!?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Yes they are negative but only when you surpass your daly carbohydrates other than that they are great for you. Are are a very low glycemic carb and contain a good amount of fiber.
    I think the OP is asking they are "negative" in the sense that celery supposedly is. i.e.: eating them nets you no calories, because you burn calories eating them.
    I don't think that's the case, but do agree they are a great food.
    Even better with peanut butter!
  • MiriCotton
    Options
    Unfortunately there is no such thing as a negative calorie food. It'd be nice though. The whole "negative calorie" thing stems from people believing that the body burns more calories digesting the food than the amount of calories within the actual food item itself.

The good news though, the calories in an apple wont make you gain any weight.

:)
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Yes they are negative but only when you surpass your daly carbohydrates other than that they are great for you. Are are a very low glycemic carb and contain a good amount of fiber.

tumblr_mopdv4YTZM1ry4933o1_r1_500.gif
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Negative calorie foods?

This man totally believes in them.

h8E992A6A
    *I have one of those on my bathroom counter!! Frealz!!*
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I must have missed where I claimed to, but thanks for playing. Time to scoop some unicorn poop (she had a lot of apples tonight - so much fiber in those skins) and go to bed.

Now that's a negative calorie food...

FWE3FEGGX82OPVJ.MEDIUM.jpg
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I wish they were, but unfortunately no! I eat an apple per day usually, and was shocked to find out how many calories are actually in an apple. Now I weigh all apples on my kitchen scale (in grams).
    If you are looking for fruit that is very low in calories, try strawberries, blueberries and blackberries.
    Also cherry tomatoes--I don't actually weigh these fruits due to their low calorie content, and they satisfy when you want something sweet.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Negative calorie foods?

This man totally believes in them.

h8E992A6A
    Perhaps. Or you could have just said no.

And could have just added your own input and not been the thread police, but the opportunity was too good to pass up, no?
    And you've done something different?

I must have missed where I claimed to, but thanks for playing. Time to scoop some unicorn poop (she had a lot of apples tonight - so much fiber in those skins) and go to bed.
    Enjoy the poop. cheers
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    Apples are highly modified-by-man sugar bombs disguised as "natural" fruit.

Ridiculous.

Utterly ridiculous.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Apples are highly modified-by-man sugar bombs disguised as "natural" fruit.

^^ Pretty much this. At least close to it.
  • MissKikiiii
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the input!