Is There a way to add Housework to Exercise

Options
Not sure if it counts, but does anybody know if you can add things like mopping into exercise?? I haven't found any yet, any ideas??

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Yep! Under cleaning in the cardio category.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it counts, but does anybody know if you can add things like mopping into exercise?? I haven't found any yet, any ideas??
    giggle, I think it's time for me to sign off the boards, I thought the topic line said 'Homework':blushing: :laugh: That's why it caught my attention,
  • ChantelleSlight
    Options
    Thanks for that, I will add it in. Definitely not Homework. Although that would be nice if that counted :smile:
  • ninja250
    Options
    I don't think you need to add house work because it is included in your daily activity level. make sure your daily activity level is at the right level in your account settings. it is a part of the formula that shows how many calories you should eat everyday.

only add exercise if you do something to burn calories. cycling, running, weight training, etc.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I don't think you need to add house work because it is included in your daily activity level. make sure your daily activity level is at the right level in your account settings. it is a part of the formula that shows how many calories you should eat everyday.

only add exercise if you do something to burn calories. cycling, running, weight training, etc.

But for someone like me who works part-time as a house cleaner and cleans for eight hours straight once a week, I'm burning major calories, believe me. I wore my HRM a few times, and it was way over 1,000 calories.

But I can see what you're saying...if it's a daily thing, then it should be factored into your activity level.
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Type in 'cleaning' and it will give you several levels of intensity.