Trying to gain weight(female)

2»

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Honestly, if you are working out, you are not going to gain on 2000. A lot of lightly active people maintain on 2000. You need to up it to at least 2250-2500 a day. If you want to keep the cardio, you are gonna have to eat, eat, eat to gain.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    maybe try to focus on building more muscle. Weight lifting could probably help

Elsewhere, everyone says weight lift to lose weight. Next thing, you're going to tell this person to eat more. Which we all know is the KEY to losing weight.

Because working out/lifting weights is only to lose weight, not for body composition or anything. All things in life have only one purpose! Like water, which is clearly strictly for cleaning and thus not for drinking.

Oooh. Withering sarcasm..... I was being facetious. Nevermind.
  • RubyRunner14
    RubyRunner14 Posts: 148 Member
    Weight training! Boosts your hunger like crazy. At least it does for me... make me ravenous.

Definitely look into eating at lest two tablespoons of peanut/cashew/almond/seed butter. Delicious and an easy 200 cals right there! Dried fruits, nuts/seeds, and oily fish are also great for gaining.
  • LCgymnast
    LCgymnast Posts: 258
    Try more protein and strength training to get muscle versus the yoga you do. Don't stop doing it cause yoga is awesome and makes the body have that lean look (love it), but maybe more heavier weights. Hope this helps you out.
  • CatMou5
    CatMou5 Posts: 12
    You're probably a similar build to me and I didn't gain until I ate 2400+ calories per day. This was with me weight training four times per with and no cardio. If you're not gaining then you need to eat more.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    I'm jut a little under 5'6 and currently weigh 115, it's within my healthy BMi and feel this is a good weight however I would like more muscle. I know what u mean putting on weight is hard when ur active - two years ago I was 102 and that took a lot of going to get back to 114! Good luck to you op