Introduction: watching the head doctor loose weight

Options
Greetings to all. This is just a short message to introduce myself. I am "in my 60's", look 40, own a group practice, just relocated from Wisconsin to North Carolina 2 and 1/2 years ago (love it here----I think i live in paradise!!!!!), I am an excercise and health food fanatic and. I have been a size 6-10 all my life. Life stressors (positive and neagative stressors) created an increase in cortisol along with the "menapause factor"--I studied for and passed my Boards, built a new home (18 hours away from Wisconsin), started the group practice in NC, alll while maintaining my private practice in Wisconsin. I travel back and forth, for almost 6 months until I could eventually close the doors to the private practice in Wisconsin and move permanently to NC (with my husband, poor guy who had retired and was sitting here in this big house all alone). I say all this, not to make excuses as to why I put on 40 pounds, but to explain the process. Now that things have "calmed down" a bit--the group practice is up and running, and I am for the first time in my life going to work a 9:30 to 5:30 work day--I should mention my work week is only three days a week, Mon, Tues and Wed (smile--I told you I live in paradise with paradise conditions). At any rate, I must loose the 40 pounds.. This message board becomes my latest mechanism for having some more people to whom I must be accountable. Right now I have to face my dietician/nutritionalist once a week. Now, I have to face you. I will use my own "treatments of the trade" on myself and I am willing to share with others. Let's see how I do. I began at 173 pounds, I am scheduled to loose 1/2 pound a week. According to my nutritionalist's calculations, I shoulod have all pounds shed by DECEMBER OF 2011. Ugh!!! Yesterday I weighed in at 168.8. Slow but steady--is that the saying? Ready, set, here I go--I will keep you informed and also help with your motivation. DrYvonneSmith

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP
  • jessicajm
    Options
    Welcome welcome! Congratulations on the new practice and NEW regular schedule!
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    You can do it! Welcome to MFP! If you need a buddy, feel free to add me. :-)
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Sounds like you have a sound plan and will be successful at your weight loss. You sound like you were way busy so I am glad it is slowing down in your paradise.
  • dryvonnesmith
    dryvonnesmith Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow. I am impressed by your weight loss. Congrats!!!!
  • dryvonnesmith
    dryvonnesmith Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great! Let's be Buddy's and help each other along. You are working towards a major life/career goal. Congrats!!! Let's do it. How do you sign on to be Buddy's???
  • lv2r1de
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck! I see you've already begun losing so that's very ispiring. Keep up the good work!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Great site, good ideas and wonderful people. Good Luck!
  • DonnaMaas
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, I also live in NC and we love it here too. This is a great site for weight loss and for support. I will ask you to be my friend.
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!

Sounds like you have a great plan and you've come to the right place for inspiration and motivation.

Karen
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Dr. Yvonne. We are so glad to have you part of the group. It's good to see a doctor admitting that they, too, need accountability and encouragement. We are here for you.

I have been lucky enough to find a physician who is my biggest cheerleader in this process. Hopefully we can be cheerleaders for you as well.
  • Robin66
    Robin66 Posts: 103
    Options
    You have definately come to the right place. This website and all the friend's that encourage me everyday are the biggest reason's I've been so successful. Good luck to you on your new journey to health and happiness.