Ughhhh...........

Options
Cat123161
Cat123161 Posts: 13 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hi everyone. I'm Cat. I am 51 yrs old......in full blown menopause (hot flashes are NOT my friend!), being treated for hypothyroid (can't get it to stay at a constant level), quit smoking 2 years ago, and recently found out I am insulin resistant. I never really had any weight issues until I stopped smoking. Menopause hit me within 2 months of quitting. 15 lbs crept on. Then my thyroid took a dump. Add another 25 lbs.
Now my body isn't processing sugar correctly. Another 20 lbs. I am now 60 pound heavier than 2 years ago. I don't recognize myself in the mirror anymore. So here I am. I am on my 2nd week of MFP. I lost 5 lbs. the first week. I have completely changed my eating habits and am exercising 5-6 days/week. Would love to add some friends here. I feel there is success in numbers and I can use all the help I can get!

Replies

• Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Whatever happens. Just don't give up no matter how frustrated you get. Just keep doing what you are doing and eventually you will see results that you have been waiting for. Feel free to add me
  • csteuter
    csteuter Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work! I have been active for 8 days now, lost 4 pounds. Walking like a fiend. It's funny how quickly I am not craving some of the old food. I was definitely a "dessert every night" kind of person. I feel stronger already. I just hope I can keep it up for the long haul. I'm almost 54 ... it's definitely harder in your 50's. I'd like to lose 40 pounds, but 20 would be awesome!
  • Cat123161
    Cat123161 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am walking 60 mins 6 days a week. My legs are protesting, but it is getting easier every day. I live close to a bike path, so I have a nice place to walk. I'm on a low carb 1200 calorie/day eating plan. I loved my sweets also, but haven't been craving them. MFP is making it so easy to eat healthier and keep track of carbs and calories. I agree.....it isn't easy to lose after 50. But we've done the hardest part.....we've STARTED!!! Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend!
This discussion has been closed.