45 pounds to goal

Options
Hey everyone,

My name is Dave and I am from Cincinnati Ohio. I am so grateful for myfitnesspal and the support received in the community. It has truly helped me through out the past 15 months.

Losing 230 pounds has allowed me to start living life again which I am tremendously proud of.

I have a photo diary/web page if you are interested in seeing what I have gone through.

http://mrdmevans.webs.com/

Replies

• dentedcan
    Options
    No comments yet? Dave (I'm also a Dave), your progress has been one of the most inspirational stories on this site for me. I joined with 160 to lose, and have about 90 to go. I'm also a dad, and reading your thoughts about missing out on things with your son (I also have a son) hit me right in the feels. You set a plan, stuck to it, and you've killed it. You've also set a great example for those of us behind you, and for that, I'm grateful!

Keep killing it! 45 to go!
  • reddaddie
    reddaddie Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Dave, keep up the good work. We are more than conquerors ... body, mind and spirit.
  • mrdmevans
    mrdmevans Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    No comments yet? Dave (I'm also a Dave), your progress has been one of the most inspirational stories on this site for me. I joined with 160 to lose, and have about 90 to go. I'm also a dad, and reading your thoughts about missing out on things with your son (I also have a son) hit me right in the feels. You set a plan, stuck to it, and you've killed it. You've also set a great example for those of us behind you, and for that, I'm grateful!

Keep killing it! 45 to go!

Thanks Dentedcan, I wish you the best in your journey. Its funny my son starts back to school tomorrow and I have been looking back on this summer. Man, was it a great summer!! We got to do so much more than we have ever been able to do together. Ball games, rollercoasters, jet skis, bike riding and sooooo much more. This summer has truly been a reward for the supposed sacrifices I have had to make "junk" food wise.

I almost feel like I have to share my weight loss, because I know it is soooo easy to feel helpless and trapped by weight . I really do hope that maybe some will see that I have been able to lose a large amount of weight and start believing they can too! Nobody should be a prisoner to their own body. Everyone should realize they deserve to and are able to enjoy life to the fullest.