Help me pick a dress for my reunion !!

Options

Replies

• keyer23
    keyer23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You look FABULOUS in number 4. The style is wonderful on you and the fabric really compliments your coloring. I'd go for it. What a great way to choose your dress! FUN! Enjoy your reunion whatever you decide!
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    WWWOOW.. Thanks to all of you....I NEVER expected such a response. I am not offended by anyone's comments. That is the true joy of being old enough to have a 40th reunion! I appreciate the advice and will tally the votes soon.

I wish I had bought the new bra BEFORE taking the pics! lol. all the dresses look much better now. I also wish I had done my hair/makeup---I'm almost embarrassed yall all saw me rather 'unfinished'. Ha! and Oh Lord, I did buy a spanx which is MUCH more restrictive than the one I had on.

I found a fantastic pair of pearly-light-taupe shoes for Dress 4 if that becomes the 'one.'

It's hot as ^*^&( in Texas so I am sticking with the sleeveless. I also shoulda taken off the 'bodybugg' arm band as it pinches my arm and makes it look worse. You can't tell from my stance, but my arms normally don't look that bad thanks to my lifting routine! I will also be sporting a nice tan which makes the arms look better. Most of the photos are really fuzzy cuz my daughter's camera took them small for some reason and I had to blow them up. She shoulda remined me about the arm band and to stand different! lolol.

Oh...and are yall SURE the SPANX will not explode??????

Definitely Spanx! Just make sure you try it all together at home and sit in front of a mirror. Often when women sit cross legs their Spanx is seen. So you need to make sure your Spanx is short enough to be unseen.

Enjoy your party :)
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    After a certain age it's better to cover arms at least the part with loose skin. I suggested 2/3, 3/4 sleeves because they give better proportions.

considering this woman is almost 60 but looks like she is in her late 40's/early 50's I think she can wear sleeveless just fine. She looks great. Helen Miren, Glen Close, Demi Moore are all older women and they wear sleeveless outfits and rock them. I don't buy into your women of a certain age statement.

Geeeeeeez
    Ok. Women of certain age who lost weight and have lose skin around their armpit and upper arm area. Got it now?
  • LMick1986
    LMick1986 Posts: 431
    Options
    Definitely #5!!! Definitely definitely definitely!!!
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    4 and 5 are the most flattering. The fabric designs are all nice :)
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    After a certain age it's better to cover arms at least the part with loose skin. I suggested 2/3, 3/4 sleeves because they give better proportions.

considering this woman is almost 60 but looks like she is in her late 40's/early 50's I think she can wear sleeveless just fine. She looks great. Helen Miren, Glen Close, Demi Moore are all older women and they wear sleeveless outfits and rock them. I don't buy into your women of a certain age statement.

Thank you. Yes. It's not 1956 anymore.
  • ElizaGeorge
    ElizaGeorge Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    4 and 5 are an awesome shape on you! You look beautiful!
  • ohsnapitssummer
    ohsnapitssummer Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Dress 4 looks great
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    4 and 5 are the most flattering.
  • beckyboooo87
    Options
    5th :)
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    2 or 4
  • moespaws16
    moespaws16 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I like 2 and 4!!
    You should post a final pic with you all dolled up ready to go.
    Also congrats on dropping all that weight! :)
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    If you can not fit in #5, then go for #4. Both give you a waist. You should also try to tan. The blue dress in your profile looks awesome and you look very elegant in that full photo.
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I like #2 and #5.I think #2 makes you look the slimmest plus is has paisleys which were "in"40 years ago. I do like #5 too because it draws your attention up and the color is fun.
    I agree :bigsmile:
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    #5 for sure!!
  • PoisonedCursed
    Options
    5 without a doubt, #5 is the best!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I like 2.
  • Gnawcraft
    Gnawcraft Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    2 ^_^ looks lovely on you
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    #2 and #4 are my votes, you look great in all of them though! :flowerforyou:
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    2 looks most slimming but I'm sure you'll have a ball whatever you wear :)