2 ingrediant pancakes!

Options

Replies

• fitmom07
    fitmom07 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I found these on a site, they are gorgeous and really healthy and easy to make!

1 mashed banana
    2 eggs..

whisk

thats all! only 250 calories...and I find they keep me satisfied for a long time.

You can also add a bit of cinnamon...Im thinking of trying them with a scoop of vanilla protein powder :)

Hope you guys like them! :D
    Awesome! Thanks! I can't wait to try them!
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    This isn't pancakes.
  • morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lyloo3MDGO1r6aoq4o1_500.gif

^This. Those aren't pancakes. They're banana omelette abominations.

I'd rather have protein pancakes. Or ya know... real pancakes.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    250 calories is more of a snack than a meal. I guess I could double it. Does it taste eggy? It sounds like it would just taste like sweetened eggs. Is there a "just add water" version of this?

Banana Nesquik type powder, flour, and water? *hurk*
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Whatever you want to call it, I'm so trying it. I think I will add a few chocolate chips and maybe almond chips. Love me some banana.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    How is this not an omelet?
    It looks good, and I'd eat one.

Banana-omelette-with-cinnamon-768x1024.jpg

This is very omelet-ish, for sure. It does look good. I'd try it too.

The recipe posted, though, calls for "mashed banana." You mix it with the egg and make a batter. I would also try that. lol

I love food threads. And food.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I kind of make these. I add 1/3 cup oatmeal to mine and they turn out awesome.

1 banana
    2 egg whites
    1/3 cup oatmeal
    Some ground cinnamon
    a tsp vanilla

I sometimes put a layer of vanilla greek yogurt in between and top with some fruit and maybe granola. I have done different variations and they are awesome.

Here are a few of the ones I've made:

m227601338.jpg

m227469874.jpg

m227097825.jpg

Those look fantastic. I'm totally making these. I think I'll add berries and sliced almonds.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Delicious sounding banana omelet. :tongue:

I make sour cream and buttermilk cinnamon pancakes that are fluffy and actually pancakes for 210 calories and 18 grams of protein (I use 1/2 scoop of cinnamon roll protein powder) per serving and I usually add 1/4 cup of sugar free maple syrup and include a side of low sodium bacon to complete the meal. :drinker:

280v3p1.jpg
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    buuuuump
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I perfer "NOT-waffles" when I have to serve someone who isn't having/cannot have grains. I perfer actual pancakes/waffles but these are surprisingly waffle-like.

Ingredients

2 large eggs
    1/4 C Lowfat Ricotta Cheese (store brand)
    1 T Granular Splenda, more or less to taste
    1/2 t. Baking Powder
    1/4 t. Cinnamon, more or less to taste
    (optional)
    Dash Nutmeg, more or less to taste (optional)

Directions:

Preheat waffle iron. If no waffle iron is available, recipe can also be used for fluffy
    pancakes, but that is not as much fun! Beat eggs with electric mixer on high for 1
    minute to make them light and fluffy. Add all other ingredients. Beat until smooth.
    Spray waffle maker with PAM or other cooking spray. Pour all batter, should fill bottom tray. Close and cook as usual for waffles.

Can be made as one big pancake if you don't own a waffle maker.

Number of Servings: 1

Nutritional Info
    Servings Per Recipe: 1
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 238.6
    Total Fat: 15.0 g
    Cholesterol: 447.9 mg
    Sodium: 450.7 mg
    Total Carbs: 8.6 g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.3 g
    Protein: 19.7 g

Thanks for posting this!!!
  • heaterrr
    heaterrr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I've actually seen these on a site too but haven't found the courage to try them. They actually look like pancakes and not an omelet. Nice to hear they are actually good. I might actually give them a go. http://www.blogilates.com/recipe-index/100-natural-pancakes-recipe-gluten-free-flourless-low-calorie

pancakes.jpeg
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    This site is so ridiculous sometimes. I'm glad people feel the need to post how gross something sounds. Something they've probably never tried. Weird. Glad I'm more open minded with food. I'd hate to miss out on something so tasty.

Anyway, I had them again last night with the 2:1 egg:banana ratio (as dessert). Much easier to flip and less sweet than the version I was making. You still can't taste the egg, just like you can't taste the egg in traditional "cake" recipes. Banana is such a strong flavor.

I love them and even if I hadn't gut grains out of 90% of my diet, I'd still eat them. They are that good.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I found these on a site, they are gorgeous and really healthy and easy to make!

1 mashed banana
    2 eggs..

Pancake? Isn't that a banana omelet?
  • heywithers
    heywithers Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    all the people who said they were going to try them... i'd advise against it lol its basically a banana omelet..i have tried them twice even with protein powder and it was still disgusting
  • knitwit0704
    Options
    Bump
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Dang those look good!

Now I need bananas
    I kind of make these. I add 1/3 cup oatmeal to mine and they turn out awesome.

1 banana
    2 egg whites
    1/3 cup oatmeal
    Some ground cinnamon
    a tsp vanilla

I sometimes put a layer of vanilla greek yogurt in between and top with some fruit and maybe granola. I have done different variations and they are awesome.

Here are a few of the ones I've made:

m227601338.jpg

m227469874.jpg

m227097825.jpg
  • nursek_2010
    nursek_2010 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i've tried to make them before and they just turn out to be like a weird mush. maybe i'm doing something wrong?? lol
  • curlyloca
    curlyloca Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I tried this recipe. Too eggy for my palette. :/
  • jeremyjirwin
    Options
    I make these all the time with one egg per banana. They taste a lot like banana bread. Sometimes I add oatmeal for a little more substantive meal. I think in the future, I'll try them in a 2:1 ratio as others have suggested. Currently they are a little sweet for me.