What's your trigger food?

Options
You know... The one that you find hard to resist, or the ones that set you off on a spiral...

For me it's bread. So basic. But I'm coeliac so it's a double no: carbs and gluten. Which I guess makes it even more alluring. So when I have a taste of gluten free bread I'm like ....oh woooowwwwwwww... Take it away! Take it away NOW!!!!

Replies

• lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Judging by this and your last post (calling your incredibly thin legs fat), I think you have deeper eating issues than the fact that you don't think you can resist bread. Not being b*tchy, it's a concern to see obviously thin people calling themselves fat and posting about how 'carbs' are a 'no'.
  • julesyb1982
    Options
    Pizza. Or Mac and Cheese.
  • Theycallithogging
    Options
    That's not *****y but nor is it kind or informed. No, I don't eat carbs, haven't for many years. But I do eat protein and veg. Some fruit, Clean food. Got to be better than the amount of protein shakes/ bars and other processed cr*p that so-called 'healthy' people on here seem to revel in, no.....?
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    That's not *****y but nor is it kind or informed. No, I don't eat carbs, haven't for many years. But I do eat protein and veg. Some fruit, Clean food. Got to be better than the amount of protein shakes/ bars and other processed cr*p that so-called 'healthy' people on here seem to revel in, no.....?

:indifferent:

You do eat carbs. Pretty much all foods have carbs in them, bad news for so-called "healthy" carb-phobic people that know nothing about basic nutrition.
    I wasn't being unkind. I was stating my concern for anyone that posts pictures of themselves looking extremely slim then calls themselves fat, then continues to make a post about trigger foods.
    I'll take my varied diet and healthy attitude over your restricted, disordered attitude to food any day.

Please don't preach what is "healthy" when you appear to have a slightly skewed attitude yourself.
  • Theycallithogging
    Options
    Cool. High road, low road, potato, potarto. That's good by me.
    Well done on your loss so far. Hope you reach your goals, am sure you will.
  • Dazzleyes
    Dazzleyes Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    "POUTINE" made with homemade beef gravy, fresh St Albert,Ont cheese curds and soft double fried french fries. Talk about a drooling episode!
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Pizza and Duncan Hines chocolate frosting. I honestly have no signal in my brain that says STOP when eating pizza and can eat an entire pizza by myself if I don't watch out. As for the chocolate frosting lets be honest I should never buy a can of it in the first place.
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    You know... The one that you find hard to resist, or the ones that set you off on a spiral...

For me it's bread. So basic. But I'm coeliac so it's a double no: carbs and gluten. Which I guess makes it even more alluring. So when I have a taste of gluten free bread I'm like ....oh woooowwwwwwww... Take it away! Take it away NOW!!!!

White bread/tortillas and peanut butter. I can eat a whole bag of tortillas and not blink an eye. And the new peanut butter pop tarts? Drool.
  • cicibeanz
    cicibeanz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Pizza or Taco Bell
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    pizza. period. end of story. I've stayed away because I don't think I could control myself to not eat three pieces. lol
  • seaofstars
    Options
    Ugh. Plain kettle chips. Can't have them in my house. I love them a little too hard.
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Fresh white crusty bread... I'm salivating just typing that!
  • goal85inmind
    Options
    Fresh white crusty bread... I'm salivating just typing that!

Just READING that makes me want to go buy up a bakery...
  • wolfgate
    wolfgate Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Cookies and pies...
  • lkgarza
    lkgarza Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    peanut butter!!!! or that chocolate hazelnut spread by Justin's!!! or box mix brownies or homemade pumkin bread.....omg....can't have it in the house, can't bake it unless there are enough people right there to eat it before I do!

I think it's important to know your trigger foods and why and how to keep them in their place :) It's a powerful feeling!
  • bingefreeaubree
    bingefreeaubree Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    - Peanut Butter
    - Chocolate Chip Morsels (serving size is one tablespoon... so I fill up a tablespoon and before I know it I've had five more tbspns :tongue:)
    - Certain kinds of ice cream
    - Cereal (stupid, right?)
    - Special K Popcorn Chips (Nope, not regular chips. Ik regular chips are bad for me so I'm able to avoid them, but I reach into the special k box thinking these can't hurt- they're low calorie- yet then I eat the whole box which isn't all that good for me haha)
  • jtarmom
    jtarmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Chocolate
    Or anything crispy crunchy salty (pretzles, cheez-its, popcorn, crackers...)
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Anything salty or crunchy while watching TV. I can't stop once I start! It's terrible :sick: Even if I pre measure out pretzels, as long as the TV is on in front of me, I'm going to get more :grumble:
  • RubyRunner14
    RubyRunner14 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter or cereal/oats. What I'd do to be able to eat a PB&J soon...