Healthy filling breakfasts

Options
I was wondering if anyone here knows any yummy filling breakfasts that are quick and easy to make?

Replies

• mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I like toasted cheese, bacon and egg sandwiches.
  • leapsonbounds
    leapsonbounds Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a lite, multigrain English muffin (toasted), spread with 1 tablespoon peanut butter, and then topped with fresh, sliced strawberries.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast is 2-4 eggs, 1 cup of egg beaters, 28 grams of full fat cheese, 1 small tomato, 2 high fiber whole grain and flax tortillas, 150-200 grams of cantaloupe, and coffee.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with flax, chia seed, peanut butter, and cocoa powder (unsweetened). Throw in a choice fruit for sweetness. Usually will hold me over for a few hours.
  • LizDHarris
    LizDHarris Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Porridge with fresh fruit, or toast & marmite
  • LilMissDB
    LilMissDB Posts: 133
    Options
    I find one fried egg on a slice of wholegrain toast or 1/2 avocado on a slice of wholegrain toast super filling :) I also like a crumpet with ricotta and honey but it's not quite as filling.
  • walkwallfall
    walkwallfall Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat frozen low fat waffle with hazelnut butter. Egg whites, veggies and some ham or sausage. Oatmeal with fruit and almond milk. Fiber one cereals fill me up and keep me full for a long time.
  • lizard94
    Options
    I recommend mixing fruits with protein (the protein will carry you) and the fruit will give you a carbohydrate boost. I like two soft boiled eggs (saves the oil for frying) with an apple and a piece of cheese. About 260 calories.

Or try juicing; it can be "pricey" (both monetarily and in terms of calories) but always gives me a great morning boost and I'm good for a while.
  • elaanne
    elaanne Posts: 35
    Options
    I like cottage cheese with fruit (frozen works well, or fresh) and a sprinkling of nuts.

Or a piece of toast with an egg and some avocado!
  • softballislife7
    softballislife7 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    yogurt and berries, with english muffin/toast with peanut butter!
  • jonsey_s
    jonsey_s Posts: 222
    Options
    Bran flakes, blueberries, sliced banana and chopped apple covered with a little fat free natural yoghurt.

Awesome!
  • bluejeansarah
    bluejeansarah Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My go-to breakfast during the week when I work is usually a variation of:

- 1 boiled egg (sometimes fried if I'm feeling extra wild in the morning)
    - 1/2 whole wheat bagel (careful with this one, the calories are sometimes still high), 1 whole wheat english muffin or 1 slice of whole wheat toast
    - peanut butter on the days I don't eat the egg
    - a serving of cheddar cheese
    - a serving of whatever fruit I have handy; this week has been cantaloupe, oranges, and wild blueberries
    - 1/4 cup cottage cheese (instead of cheddar cheese)
    - a smoothie (which would have fruit, spinach, plain greek yogurt, ground flax seed and chia seeds in it). Smoothies are GREAT for breakfast I find!

Obviously I don't eat it all every day, but I switch things around and eat less some days and more the other. Variety is the spice of life :)
  • KAS0917
    KAS0917 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Some of my go-to filling breakfasts:

- A slice of 100% whole wheat toast with a tablespoon of natural crunchy peanut butter and a sliced banana
    - Sliced hardboiled egg and 1/4 of an avocado on whole wheat toast
    - Starbucks perfect oatmeal with the 100 calorie package of mixed nuts, a sprinkle of cinnamon and sliced up banana (when I'm traveling)
    - 1/2 cup Low fat cottage cheese and blueberries
    - 1 cup of 0% plain greek yogurt with a sliced peach, a tablespoon of chopped walnuts and 2 tspns of honey drizzled on top (also my dessert or dinner sometimes, haha!)
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Light English muffin, fried or scrambled egg, Laughing Cow wedge or 50g avocado, one strip of turkey bacon, slice of tomato, slice of onion. I like it because I can have the whole thing if I'm really hungry or only use half the muffin/cheese to reduce calories while still getting plenty of protein and healthy fats.

I also like 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese, 75g blueberries or raspberries, and 1Tbsp honey. It's a classic combination for a reason!
  • MommyisFit
    MommyisFit Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My favorites are:

- 2 hard-boiled egg whites, 2 cups of spinach, 1tbsp chopped onion, handful of cherry tomatoes and 1 tsp olive oil

- Quaker Real Medley Oatmeal Cup

- 1 egg fried in 1 tsp olive oil topped with slice of ham and cheese w/ side of fruit or veggie

- 2 tbsp. peanut butter w/ 1/2 apple or 3 celery stalks

These are all between 120 and 300 calories and keep full from about 7am until 12 or 1pm.
  • seaofstars
    Options
    Fit Oat Oatmeal has 100 calories, no sugar so quick to make and I find it to be pretty filling : )
  • audreykts
    audreykts Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a piece of whole grain toast with almond butter and either fresh fruit or low sugar jam. Quick,tasty, and filling!
  • mollynjean
    mollynjean Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    FlatOut! Light Original wrap with PB2, grape jelly, granola, 1/4 banana, and a few strawberries. Roll it up and it's delish! About 250 cals, good protein and fats. :)
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    whole wheat tortilla egg white omelette and no fat cheese and tomatoes its yummy! toast the tortilla
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I've tried the whole yogurt-and-fruit thing for breakfast, and it was yummy, but it didn't fill me for long. Probably because I'm a nursing mother; my baby is a fast-growing boy and takes up a lot of calories. Scrambled eggs, bacon, and whole wheat toast for me. To make it speedier, try microwaving your bacon. Plus I can't do without coffee in the mornings.