so confused!! help!

Options
Ok so its been 25 days since I started when I first started mfp gave me 2200 calories a day but I dropped it down to 1400 since I think 2200 is too much. I dropped 16lbs and haven't dropped anything since. Do I need to up my cals back to 2000?? Please help!! I am overweight and really want to lose the right way. My diary is open if anyone want to take a look your feedback will be appreciated

Replies

• PunkinSpice79
    PunkinSpice79 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm confused, lol. You lost 16 pounds in 25 days?
  • lynnerack
    lynnerack Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    There is an awful lot of processed food in your diary and no fruit and vegetables. Why do you have two yoghurts for breakfast? They maybe low fat but they a packed with sugar. I have a fruit salad with melon, fresh pineapple, fresh peaches etc for breakfast. Sorry to criticise but you did ask!
  • brwnsg
    brwnsg Posts: 3
    Options
    That's ok any feedback I will definitely take in consideration like I said I'm just starting and I know a lot of people have been doing this for awhile. I will cut back on the yogurt. Thanks!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    you would be better having a full egg white omelette *no yolks* for breakfast load it with vegetables have even 2 slices if bacon if you wish.....then for lunch have a large salad with some grilled chicken and a light dressing ...for dinner maybe some grilled fish, loads of veggies and a starch like a baked potato......snacks in between maybe have those yogurts one at a time, some pretzals, raw veggies and hummus, cheese cubes...etc....and drink water with your meals and snack and in between...just ideas...but you might need to talk to a nutritionist to get a better idea on food intake your really eating way too much for breakfast ..in regards to what your eating not the calories per say but the items.
  • itsscottwilder
    Options
    could you share you height and weight?
  • ezznthos
    Options
    im of the thought that increasing , or changing an exercise, can help.. also,. sometimes if you don't eat anything , your body can go into starvation mode, and refuse to give up any fat..... well, COVERT BAILEY said something like that a long time ago, and it makes sense to me......
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I'm confused, lol. You lost 16 pounds in 25 days?

This.

You want to lose faster? That's crazy. You'll be plowing through lean mass like crazy, rendering it necessary that you lose even more weight to get healthy.

If MFP gave you 2200 calories, what was that target for? 2 lbs/week? If so, eat 2200. Get lots of protein i.e. over 100g daily. Your weight loss should not be more than 2 lbs/week. 16 lbs in 25 days was not all fat loss.
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I agree that the yogurt is way too many. Yoplait is famous for too much sugar. To greek yogurt if you really like it. Read the ingredents and compare. Find ways to get rid of the processed foods and make the same thing at home. If you like sandwiches for lunch, don't use mayo. For me, the mayo created moisture for a dry sandwich, I replaced it with avocado or tomato instead. Homemade hummus is really great as a substitue for mayo.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    In your diary it looks like some days your net calories are VERY low and some days they are closer to your target.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974889-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet <<This is a lot of reading, but very well worth your time. Go carefully through the steps to find a more appropriate calorie goal for yourself, then try to be as consistent as you can with it.
  • o2bfit3
    o2bfit3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I agree that replacing the processed food with fruits and vegetables will help. 1 milk product in the morning is sufficient, and leave the jam off your toast/peanut butter. Sub that with an egg and 2 eggwhites occasionally for your protein. When I have yogurt in the morning, I love Chobani plain non-fat greek yogurt with blueberries in it. If it isn't sweet enough, a packet of splenda or Truvia makes it just right. Make sure you are getting enough quality, lean protein. I would steer away from processed cereal and discover the more complex grains. Sugar is everywhere in those processed products even if it doesn't seem apparent. We people who hold on to our fat have to eat differently. You can make a batch of steel cut oatmeal on Sunday and eat it all week! I cut up vegetables and bag them for easy grabbing in the morning. I also buy Perdue's Simply chicken in a bag (frozen) measure out my servings and grab it in the morning to top on my salad. Though I have not tried this, I saw on Pinterest someone is taking a mason jar and filling it with salad in layers: dressing in the bottom with chunkier stuff next and lettuce last. They make them once a week, using one each day. Will try this myself tomorrow. You are brave to ask us and hope this has been helpful. Best of luck!
  • Minnie2361
    Minnie2361 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Here is the deal, rapid weight loss causes the body to react and hold onto weight. The first month part of your weight loss could be a drop of 5 to 8 pounds of water weight.

Weight loss should be about 1-2.5 pounds a week. You are sneaking it off your body.
    Your type of weight loss could cause you eat it back in once you read the 26 weeks, Studies have confirmed a large number of people do this.

So you don't want to be a yo yo dieter you want be a person with a complete lifestyle change.

Some ideas.

Change to 0 fat greek yogurt, keeps you fuller longer, buy the Vanilla far less sugar , read your labels, and add fresh fruit to it.

Whole wheat products only. That goes for bread, pasta, choose brown or wild rice {or a mixture of both

Stay away from processed, BBC did a program on rip off food, packaged cereal you find on the shelf is the cheapest product with lots of added sugar and sprayed on vitamins packaged up to claim it is healthy. Leave it there . It is outrageously expensive for what it is. Low Cal means high in sugar, stay away from the processed packaged so called fresh ready to heat stuff.

Get the 15 minute cooked rolled oats as well as the steel cut oats, you can alternate for change. Cook up a pot and store the rest in the fridge it takes a minute to reheat with a dash of water to moisten it up.
    Try using almond milk and 1/2- tsp. of honey.

I guarantee a 3/4 cup of this keeps me full for 4 hours.

Realize it takes a few weeks to get your portion sizes down. So you may eat more of this.

Up your fresh fruits and vegetables so you are getting 2-3 servings daily. You are not getting nearly enough and believe me these are important for weight loss, bowel movement, fiber and nutrients.
    Mix up your salads, make them with kale, caullower , red peppers, broccoli {slaw} , cabbage, radish, celery, fresh herbs, through it all in there. Raw is better and if you do cook get a steamer to fit into your pots . It could be cheap bamboo or metal.

Substitute beans, lentils, hummas {I use it on my pasta instead of sauces} for a high source of protein.

Learn to cook and freeze, I cook up fettucine/spaghetti meat sauces and freeze, Chicken Noodle soup loaded with fresh veggies and freeze, lasagna with meat and spinach and freeze.

Take a Look at my food Diary, I am losing a good 2 lbs weekly eating this way.

Most Important Educate Yourself:

I watch Documentaries\:

The BBC the Big Fat Truth about Lo Fat
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgwh47Xxg7U

a british celebrity eats low fat for a month watch what happens to her.

The Truth about food, an entertaining look at food using volunteers to participate in the studies, this takes into account guys with limpid penis, detox myths, wine, etc increasing healthy bacteria, foods that increase the health of your skin etc.

This series is in 6 parts. BBC produces some hard hitting documentaries

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mue6z0igQIU
  • GetFitRetta
    GetFitRetta Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I understand your frustration, and it can get discouraging, but you have to hang in there to achieve your goals. I'm going to open up my food diary to you so you can see what my meals consist of. I think you have good intentions (i.e yogurt, fruit), but the execution may need some attention (i.e. processed foods). Are you exercising as well? If so, definitely consider weight training in addition to cardio.
    About me: I'm 26/ female, 5'7, 144-146 lbs and wear a size 6. When I started back in January I was 162 lbs and a size 10. Please keep in mind our goals may be different... I'm in a phase of shredding fat and building muscle so I do not intend to lose any more weight. As for you, an acronym I always keep in mind: ABS DIET POWER (Almonds, Beans (&legumes), Spinach (& greens), Dairy (low fat), Instant Oatmeal, Eggs, Turkey (& other lean meats), Peanut Butter, Olive Oil, Whole grain (breads and cereals), Extra Protein, Raspberries (&other berries). :smile:
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making the first step logging your food!!! I haven't looked at your diary, however, would highly recommend seeing a dietitian. I saw one almost a year ago that still keeps up with me and she has been FANTASTIC!!! She helped me a LOT with my food choices and with my workout routine. I have made great progress with using her advice.

Good luck & 16 lbs in 25 days... That's good but it's losing lean mass as well as fat, you're in this for the long haul, right? :flowerforyou:
  • Minnie2361
    Minnie2361 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    P.S.
    I buy bakery bread only, I plan what I am going to use out of the loaf this week and freeze the rest.
    The shelf stuff is full of additives and when I read the label it had high fructose corn syrup.

Google up Science daily and read the articles on high fructose corn syrup and sugar in general.
    Leave all soda pops on the shelf. If you need a rush, buy a cheap hand squeezer for grapefruit /oranges or invest in a juice. Fresh only. I drink tea or water.
    Lots of water to move the fiiber through my body.
  • brwnsg
    brwnsg Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond to my post with positive feedback!! I will definitely be making some changes and using your suggestions!