JM 30 Day Shred Results! *First success post!*

Options
I did it! I never thought I would do it, but I did it! From July 2nd-Aug 22nd I shredded my butt off. Yes, it took me longer than 30 days, but thinking I could do it for 30 days straight was excessively ambitious (the body needs time to rest and recover). I'm so glad I took progress pictures because they are BLOWING MY MIND. I still have a long way to go on my weight loss mission, but this was certainly a step in the right direction. I now have a serious love/hate relationship with Jillian (like most) and have purchased many more of her DVDs. I'm a believer! I did start Couch to 5K on July 15th and incorporated that with the shred.

And now...... RESULTS!

30-day-shred-results.jpg

Overall I lost FOURTEEN INCHES and 12.4 POUNDS!!!

These are my stats:

*Begin Shred - July 2nd*
Weight: 252
Hips: 48
Waist (Natural): 41
Waist Circumference (Fullest part): 48
Arms: 15
Thighs: 30.5
Chest: 46.5

*End Shred - August 22nd*
Weight: 239.6
Hips: 46
Waist (Natural): 38
Waist Circumference (Fullest part): 43.5
Arms: 13.5
Thighs: 29.5
Chest: 44.5

tummy-progress.jpg

I'm not sucking in! Promise! I wish I would have taken this side shot from the beginning of the shred, but completely forgot. Still. I SHRANK! Losing the most inches in the fullest part of my stomach DEFINITELY works for me. I call it my "poof" and my poof area is now shrinking! :D

front-back-shred-progress.jpg

These are my overall, each level photos. Crazy to see that kind of change in such a short period of time. I'm so proud of myself for doing this. I've realized that the reason I could never lose weight before is because I wasn't committed and I was not determined to lose the weight. I just wanted to starve myself and thought the weight would just fall off. That was silly. I'm glad I am finally doing this the right way.

The non weight related things I earned from the shred were some serious endurance boosts. I remember back on Day 1 when I thought I was going to die and I did not want to go on. Jumping jacks hurt, butt kicks exhausted me, push ups were agony -- and let's not even talk about how I couldn't keep up with the jump ropes. By the end of Level 3 those were just natural. I could do jumping jacks and butt kicks with weights. I could do the DOUBLE jump ropes and keep up. I got my heart rate burning! And began to enjoy it *slightly.* I can't BELIEVE all that I can do now!

I now enjoy going running too. I'm in Week 6 of the Couch to 5K program. For all those out there struggling YOU CAN DO IT! I went from sedentary to burning 2000-3000 calories a week! And I won't be stopping anytime soon!

This will not be my last post in the success forums -- this is only the beginning :D

Replies

• lovejuanangelo
    Options
    wow!!!!!!!! you look amazing. please help me. How many calories are you eating a day. please help me
  • ajones1227
    ajones1227 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look wonderful!
  • elly610
    elly610 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Great results. I have been doing the 30 DS since the middle of June with several breaks. I fell off track the last 3 weeks. Last night I continued on level 3 and I felt so good afterwards. I am glad I have gotten myself out of the slump I was in. Thank you for the post! It has reminded me to keep going and that I will see amazing results by sticking with the program! Keep up the good work!
  • gwen485
    gwen485 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wowzers!! You look great!!!
  • crabbyab90
    crabbyab90 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    That is AMAZING! You look fantastic!
  • BorntoROAR
    BorntoROAR Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You look awesome and I am doing Shred right now too!! Keep up the great work!!
  • PunkinSpice79
    PunkinSpice79 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    This is so exciting! I'm on Day 24 and your pictures have me totally excited about my own results! You look fantastic! Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • rdunlap81
    rdunlap81 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB! You look great! I hope to have your success.
  • ruby1387
    ruby1387 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Great work!!! Keep going strong!!!
  • Britt73087
    Options
    Congrats!! Keep up the great work! I am also doing the 30DS and I'm getting ready to do level 1 day 8 and so far I'm not noticing any changes in my body, but I also didn't take a starting picture. =( But thanks for sharing your success, it's def some great motivation to keep going! =)
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    amazing job congratulations
  • Emilie04444
    Emilie04444 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    WTG! My one issue with 30DS was doing it everyday. Did you do it every other day and when did you when you should move to the next level, was it just after 10 workouts at the level. Your results are truly inspiring!
  • smithed812
    smithed812 Posts: 289
    Options
    Wow such a change!! You've inspired me to keep pushing and finally finish the Shred! Happy continued fitness! :)
  • ccnjc4e
    ccnjc4e Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I am starting JM 30 day shred back up today! Just got finished doing it!
  • TemikaThompson
    TemikaThompson Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    All I can say is WOW
  • christiec2015
    Options
    Amazing results - well done! I'm hoping to do the 30DS some time soon, so this has given me some motivation :smile:
  • lstroth1
    lstroth1 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your amazing pictures/results with 30DS. I have been doing it too but not on my work days. (work 12-16 hour days). I figure if I give it my all on every day I am not at work it will help me. My biggest challenges so far have been pushups and the jumping. I have horrible knees and absolutely no arm strength. I upped the weights I am using so that I can increase my arm strength and it is a big difference in intensity. Hopefully I will see some results at the end.
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    wow!!!!!!!! you look amazing. please help me. How many calories are you eating a day. please help me

I was eating 1370 since I started using MFP because that was the goal it gave me (at 2 pounds per week loss) and last week I started TDEE-20% which has me at 2038 calories and working towards hitting my macros protein/fat/carbs each day. You might check out: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ to determine your own goals. Eating more to lose weight is a strange concept to me -- but I would rather have steady weight loss that I can maintain than starving myself and feeling terrible. I also burn 2000-3000 cals/week through various exercise activities.

The biggest thing is to commit and believe in yourself. Without the mindset change that I went through, I could have never even made it this far. I've failed too many times in the past and commitment is why it is working for me now!
  • LorienCoffeeBean
    LorienCoffeeBean Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    i love seeing these progress photos! you have done a fabulous job. im on day 17 of the 30 DS myself and love the changes i see and feel in my body.

which video do you plan to do next??
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    i love seeing these progress photos! you have done a fabulous job. im on day 17 of the 30 DS myself and love the changes i see and feel in my body.

which video do you plan to do next??
    I'm taking a full rest day tonight (my first since... Saturday... I think...) and then tomorrow I will be starting JM Ripped in 30! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!