Leslie Sansone Video's

Options
Does anyone know if or how I can track my workouts that I do for the Walk Aerobics at home that Leslie Sansone does? Thank you.

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    it's the same intensity as walking, so I'd track it as walking, for the amount of time that you do it for.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    bump
  • crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    it's the same intensity as walking, so I'd track it as walking, for the amount of time that you do it for.

This. You know how far you've walked by the video (1 mile, 2 mile, or 3 mile) and how long you walked because she has a little timer on the screen the whole time (or just look at the length of the video -her talking). With that information you can extrapolate your MPH walked and use MFPs exercise database.

So, her "Start walking at home 1 mile with Leslie Sansone" (from youtube) is 20:43 minutes for a mile so that's JUST (tiny bit under) about 3.0 MPH. You can use My Fitness Pal's entry of "Walking, 3.0 mph, mod. pace, walking dog".
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I used to track however long I spent doing her workouts as walking a slow pace (2.0) or leisure pace (2.5), as I find MFP tends to inflate the calories burned so found it better to underestimate rather than over.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    It's much more intense than walking. You're holding weights and moving your upper body the entire time. I log it as 'aerobics, general' and use a heart-rate monitor.
  • ginamac1984
    ginamac1984 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if or how I can track my workouts that I do for the Walk Aerobics at home that Leslie Sansone does? Thank you.

Her DVD's are actually considered low impact aerobics. Hope this helps.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I use low impact, aerobics, which for me shows the same calorie burn as walking 4mph. When I "boost" through most of it, or am doing one of her faster pace dvd's, I use aerobics, general. =)
  • ElaineRN100
    ElaineRN100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I log my just walking DVD's as walking - using the MFP database depending on the number of miles I walked. If I use the newer videos where she is using "boosted walking", I adjust accordingly. For me, overall, I just use the amount of cal's burned as something to keep me motivated. The number of cal's burned is really dependent on your weight, if you perform the exercise perfectly, etc. I never eat my exercise cal's back. That's just me. A lot of good replies here - don't stress too much about it.
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    love her tapes, I do use a HRM with a chest strap, but if you don't have one then logging as 3.0 mph (walking) should be fine, you know how hard you are pushing yourself.