Initial Goal Complete, 50lbs Lost! (w/ Pics)

Options
Pfa74
Pfa74 Posts: 10 Member
So I am not one to normally post about myself, but weighing myself this morning was a very exciting time. I started off early this year at a horrid 240 lbs and after a little more than 5 months of hard work, mental toughness and discipline have lost my initial Goal of 50 lbs and am currently at 190 lbs. A weight I havnt seen since High School and before the Army (Dipped down to the high 170's low 180's there).

Honestly I have tried over many years to lose this weight. Dropping 20 to gain it back, but something clicked this time... Im turning 30 in a few months and couldnt stand the thought of starting another decade like that. Now having this unbelievable burden and not to mention dead weight lifted, I might not dread 30 so much.

But with all that said, its only the first step. I still have weight to lose and look forward to starting a gradual shifting to muscle toning.

Try not to be too off-put by the starting pics.. I dont know how looking like that was ever acceptable.........

3_zps0f95eb2b.jpg

1_zpsafe8c79c.jpg

2_zps0df1e5f8.jpg

Replies

• tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! Congrats!!
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    You look incredible!!!! Five months? WHOA! Keep it up! You've got this :D
  • __Aid__
    __Aid__ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Excellent progress for 5 months!!

how did you achieve this ? I pretty much match your first pic
  • Pfa74
    Pfa74 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Honestly it was hard. I moved to a new city not knowing a soul. Instead of sitting at home I got active. I didnt keep track of it here but limited myself to roughly 1200-1400 calories (staying aware bad foods) and concentrated on heavy cardio with limited weight training. Key has been the Cardio, which in turn kept the scale moving, which kept my motivation high.

Ive made multiple attempts at losing weight before but this time it just clicked. I stopped lying to myself and became accountable. I still allowed myself to have fun but did so smartly. When you really think about it its simple math, just gotta be honest to your self and ready to make the change.
  • chellebelle25
    chellebelle25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    you look incredible, babe! I couldn't be more proud of you. Seriously. You are such an inspiration. Now come have a beer with me to celebrate! LOVE YOU! ::drinker: :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!