I did it! I ran my first 5K this morning.....

Options
Shua89
Shua89 Posts: 144 Member
I started couch25K four months ago and ran my 5K this morning. I'm not going to say it was easy (cuz it wasn't!) but I ran the whole thing and sprinted across the finish line.

I'm so glad I signed up for the 5K when I started the program because it kept me motivated to run when I thought about giving up. Today all that hard work paid off when I crossed that finish line.

My friends (who ran with me this morning) and I have already picked out our next 5K.

For all of you who think "I can't do that" let me tell you that when I started training 4 months ago running 2 minutes was agony for me. If *I* can do it, *anyone* can do it!!!!!!

Replies

• scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Great job on staying consistent with the program and congratulations on today's race!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Sounds like fun! (NOT!) haha:laugh:
  • JayStu
    JayStu Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that's awesome.
    I just finished week 7 and am running my first 5K tomorrow morning.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Well done! Best feeling ever. x
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    High five!! Way to go!!!
  • ShadeBlossom
    ShadeBlossom Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I just started C25K and I hope to be where you are soon. :)
  • janinab75
    janinab75 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I'm trying running again, for the millionth time. I'm hoping it sticks this time. Good for you for sticking with it and making it to the race and finishing it! And great for you for going for the next one!! You awesome!
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I started couch25K four months ago and ran my 5K this morning. I'm not going to say it was easy (cuz it wasn't!) but I ran the whole thing and sprinted across the finish line.

I'm so glad I signed up for the 5K when I started the program because it kept me motivated to run when I thought about giving up. Today all that hard work paid off when I crossed that finish line.

My friends (who ran with me this morning) and I have already picked out our next 5K.

For all of you who think "I can't do that" let me tell you that when I started training 4 months ago running 2 minutes was agony for me. If *I* can do it, *anyone* can do it!!!!!!

Yay! I ran my first one this morning too! I also started training 4 months ago! Great job! Doesn't it fell amazing???
  • Jennyd1314
    Jennyd1314 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Well done
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Congrats & thanks for the motivation!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Huge congratulations on finishing c25k and running your first 5k. It still remains my most significant achievement as a runner..I hope you continue with your running and strive to run even longer distances and ' get the bug' :-)
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Great job!

This is an awesome accomplishment!

Now you'll be needing a part time job to pay for the entrance fees of an increasing number of races.

When I registered for my first, my wife mentioned that she would like to do it too.

Entrance fee x2.

After a couple runs, my kids asked why they couldn't do them too...

Entrance fee x5.

Now all of _my_ hobby money is going toward shoes, sports bras, running skirts, running shorts, tech shirts and entrance fees for 5 people... :cry:

:)
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Winston1717
    Options
    Good for you congratulations its a great feeling. Once you do one you want to do the next.
  • Shua89
    Shua89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Great job!

Now you'll be needing a part time job to pay for the entrance fees of an increasing number of races.

When I registered for my first, my wife mentioned that she would like to do it too.

Entrance fee x2.

Entrance fee x5.

Now all of _my_ hobby money is going toward shoes, sports bras, running skirts, running shorts, tech shirts and entrance fees for 5 people... :cry:

Yep, I already see this coming. My son is a cross country runner and already does a few 5K's a year. My dh said yesterday he'd like to start running them. So now we're up to 3 entry fees every 6 weeks or so. This could become an expensive endeavor for us!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - so empowering!! Good job signing up for another one to keep you going, too!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Great job!

Entrance fee x2.

Entrance fee x5.

This is pure awesome. I would be thrilled if my family ran together. My daughter is walking a half marathon (I'm running) in Sept. Maybe next year she'll run!
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    That's awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Fantastic..

I've always wanted to.. I just keep putting it off. (sigh)...