looking forward to a long run tommorow

Options
What's the longest you've ever ran? time or distance, and what pace?
I'm thinking I'm gonna try at least 6miles and a nice 8.5-10min mile page depending on what the weather is like

Replies

• marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm training for my first half marathon and ran 9.5miles last week and am planning on running 11 tomorrow. I run between a 10-11 minute/ mile pace for anything over 4-5 miles lol
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Longest run ever was 24.29km or 15.09 miles in 2:35:37 @ 6:24min/km avg pace. That's about a 10:17min/mi.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Longest was 14 miles, last year. Now re-doing C25k! :-)
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    What's the longest you've ever ran? time or distance, and what pace?
    I'm thinking I'm gonna try at least 6miles and a nice 8.5-10min mile page depending on what the weather is like

My longest distance ever run is 26.2 miles @ 10'45 min/mile pace...but that was an organised marathon.

my longest training run was 20 miles, I ran that at 10'58 min/mile.

I only WISH i could run 6 miles as quickly as you can!
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Longest run ever is still holding steady at 26.2 - PR is a 7:40 pace..

Tomorrow's training run will be 20, somewhere around an 8:30 pace
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Longest I've ever run was a half marathon. I've done three, and my best overall time was around a 2:12.
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I love 6 miles my favourite distance, enjoy!

I train for a marathon, I run 20 miles on the weekends. I ran today. It's slow.
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My longest run so far is 7 miles. I'd love to get up to half marathon distance some day tho :)
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Longest training run to this point has been 13. Longest run, half marathon with a 10:03 pace. Will be doing 14 and 15 mile training runs for my next half in October. Trying for 1:57.
  • JulieAnn72
    JulieAnn72 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    My longest is 3.37 miles and I did it in 37 minutes. That's the distance I'm planning to do again tomorrow. It will be my second time doing it and I'm looking forward to it!!
  • RunNonieRun
    RunNonieRun Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Longest training run to this point has been 13. Longest run, half marathon with a 10:03 pace. Will be doing 14 and 15 mile training runs for my next half in October. Trying for 1:57.

The Half Marathon is my favorite distance and 2:11 is a great PR for a first Half. But you do realize you are striving for another PR on your second Half by almost 15 minutes?! I hope it's a flat, fast course. Good Luck!
  • ny135
    ny135 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My longest is 5.5 mile in about 50 minutes. I tend to do 3-4 miles a few times a week. One of my goals is to do a half marathon :)
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

The Half Marathon is my favorite distance and 2:11 is a great PR for a first Half. But you do realize you are striving for another PR on your second Half by almost 15 minutes?! I hope it's a flat, fast course. Good Luck!

Not my second half, it's my 3rd. The second one was 2:11 because 4 weeks into training I had to take a month off due to pneumonia! So I was undertrained for that one and there were lots of hills. This one is basically flat. And no lung infections. And I'm running more now. Also I got faster after the pneumonia so I think it's going to work.
  • tam6van
    tam6van Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Fastest half marathon for me was 2:28 but my goal was 2:30 so I was pleased with that time. I'm just so happy that at this stage if my life I can actually run and be able to run that distance....even though its not at blinding speed;). I'm moving so I'm happy.