Anyone had success with Jillian's 30 day Shred?

Options
Looking to start strength training and toning and someone pointed me in the direction of the 30 day shred, just wondered if anyone has had any good toning and fitness results with it?

Replies

• findingfitness101
    Options
    thats incredible! what weights did you use? i was thinking of using two 2.5kg dumbbells?
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah a out 2years ago i did it for 60 days lost 7-8lbs each month and toned alot
  • findingfitness101
    Options
    is it something that if you do it for like 60 days then decide to gradually slow down the results will disappear?
  • JanuaryDawn
    Options
    This is my third week using the 30 Day Shred. I use it as a supplement to my regular routine of walking/jogging & cycling. I have never been a big fan of strength training & I really need to build strength in my core & upper body. After previewing the 30 Day Shred I thought it would be perfect for me, because it combines cardio w/strength training & works the upper body & lower body at the same time in a short 20 minute somewhat high intensity workout. I love it so far! I was pretty sore for days after my first go with it, but now the soreness is minimal. I am aiming to do level 1 (until I am ready to move up to the next level) at least 3x a week as a supplement to my normal routine (as I mentioned above). I am already seeing changes in my body after just a few weeks. I also believe it has helped to kick my weight-loss up a notch as it had slowed down quite a bit, but has been improved this past couple of weeks (now down just over 52 lbs w/less than 38 to reach my goal).

I stream level 1 from the Befit YouTube channel, here is the direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8 . It can be a bit blurry at times, but hey it is free & a great way to make sure it is something you want to do before you invest any money into it. ;) Best of luck to you! :)
  • findingfitness101
    Options
    thank you! I think I may try this and buy the dvd (only £5) if i find it works for me :-) do you use weights?
  • JanuaryDawn
    Options
    is it something that if you do it for like 60 days then decide to gradually slow down the results will disappear?

In order to get fit & stay fit you need consistency. If you stop doing it or don't do it as often you will definitely lose at least some of the muscle tone that you developed. You can always mix it up & do other stuff too or instead of the 30 Day Shred. The BeFit YouTube Channel has lots of free workout videos, they even have their own 90 day fitness thing on the BeFitin90 YouTube Channel. ;)
  • msgrowinggirl20
    Options
    I lost 7lbs in the last two weeks. You can get all three parts on youtube
  • JanuaryDawn
    Options
    thank you! I think I may try this and buy the dvd (only £5) if i find it works for me :-) do you use weights?

I do use weights. I use 5lb weights for most of the exercises w/the exception of the side lunge lateral raise combo move which I use 1lb weights for. I only have a set of 1lb weights & a set of 5lb weights right now & the 5lb weights were too much on that move for me. I plan to get some 2 or 3lb weights & some 8 & 10lb ones as well. My husband just just jumped on board with the health thing w/me this past week so we need a variety of weights to choose from & we will likely build from there. You could always start out w/water bottles at 1st & then go from there, a 16.9 ounce bottle in each hand maybe...so just over a pound.
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    thats incredible! what weights did you use? i was thinking of using two 2.5kg dumbbells?
    For levels 1 & 3 I was able to do my 5lb (about 2.3kg I think) weights the entire time, but for level 2 I had to use my 3lb weights part of the time. For me that was the hardest level to do though.

Edit: I think as long as after it you are still working on your fitness and exercising and eating right you will be fine and your hard work won't just disappear. I am going to be beginning Ripped in 30 (another JM DVD program) tomorrow and continuing my running. I did each level for 10 days (not straight days) for the total of 30 days -- that took a little under two months.
  • LorienCoffeeBean
    LorienCoffeeBean Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    im on day 17 myself. i am seeing a difference both on the scale and in my body. i have lost inches already. i have a week core and upper body so this is a great challenge for me. i have 3 lbs weights and that is all i can manage for most of the moves. i feel stronger for sure and i hope i can move up to 5 lb weights soon for some of the moves. i watch them free on youtube.

there are some groups on here too for people who use these videos. this is the one i am on:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/50104-jillian-michaels-workout-group
  • mnnelson1875
    mnnelson1875 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 21 of the 30DS and I totally have gained so much strength and lost only 5# but have lost over 14 inches on my body. When i started this, I couldnt do even 1 military push up....I am up to 11 now. And I dont mean the "girl" push ups....I mean full on regular push ups. This is BIG for me....I am supposed to start level 3 as of today but I don't think I am ready, I will keep doing level 2 until I stop following Anita, lol. Love this video and I recommend it to EVERYONE!!! I mean, who can't put 30min of exercise in per day. I also do zumba like 3 times a week....I would love to share my progress pics I took yesterday, but idk how to do that lol....I will try and post them to my profile.
  • PunkinSpice79
    PunkinSpice79 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 24. I checked my progress at day 15 and had already lost 2.25" around my waist. My husband says I look smaller and tighter. Heck, I think I might even have a "2-pack" now! LOL
  • findingfitness101
    Options
    wow im definitely trying it then! well done with all your success and loses everyone :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!