65 Calorie Vegan Fudgsicle!

I found this recipe on Pinterest and adapted it to what I have:

10 fl. ounces Chocolate Almond Milk (I use Blue Diamond)
8 frozen strawberries (96g or 3.38oz is what I used)
1 banana (85g without the skin)
1/4 cup raw cashews (34g or 1.2oz)

I blended the cashews by themselves first until they formed a fine powder (and almost into cashew butter) then mixed in the rest of the ingredients and blended until smooth.

I have cheap little popsicle molds I got from the Dollar tree and this recipe filled 7 of them which worked out to 65 calories each. Different sized molds will change the calorie count. The total calories for this recipe was 455 so just divide the popsicles you got from that number.

These are DELICIOUS and perfect for after a workout. And you can easily adapt the ingredients for what you want. Sub the almond milk for soy milk or cow's milk; change the strawberries into blueberries, peaches or mango, you get the idea. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!

Replies

• teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Mmm. Thanks for the tip. I drink chocolate almondmilk and think that it tastes like chocolate milk. I bet it would taste good as a fudge bar. Gonna try it.
  • I make so many vegan pops in the summer. I will try this one next. Thanks for sharing.
  • ChickenmommaMich
    ChickenmommaMich Posts: 60 Member
    The chocolate milk mixed with the ground cashews makes for a very creamy and fudgy bar. Have you ever tried Chocolate Almond milk? It's very creamy and decadent!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Sounds great! Thanks.
  • ChickenmommaMich
    I thought that I should credit the site I got the idea from:

http://www.fitsugar.com/Vegan-Fudgsicles-Strawberries-24285106

Beautiful pictures there :)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Where's the fudge and/or chocolate?

To be fair, I don't think real fudgsicles have actual fudge or chocolate in them either.

That piddling detail aside, the point of your post is still valid.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    The chocolate milk mixed with the ground cashews makes for a very creamy and fudgy bar. Have you ever tried Chocolate Almond milk? It's very creamy and decadent!

Now before I say what I'm gonna say I do want to make it clear I don't care what people eat or what substitutions people come up with. I'm not eating it, but I'm not eating normal fudgescicles either. K? K.

Almond milk isn't decadent. There is nothing indulgent about it, considering it's low cal and full of things that are beneficial to your health. It's basically the opposite of indulgent, unless you think things that actually taste good are indulgent. (Not that chocolate almond milk tastes good, I'd rank it somewhere between awful and 'oh god why')

This is decadent:

dessert.jpg

A $25,000 sundae. It's stupidly indulgent, absurdly so.
  • teamAmelia

The chocolate is in the almondmilk
    (Not that chocolate almond milk tastes good, I'd rank it somewhere between awful and 'oh god why')
    What? OMG. Chocolate almond milk tastes so good to me. Tastes just like chocolate milk or room temperate hot chocolate. Do you not like those, either?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member

The chocolate is in the almondmilk
    (Not that chocolate almond milk tastes good, I'd rank it somewhere between awful and 'oh god why')
    What? OMG. Chocolate almond milk tastes so good to me. Tastes just like chocolate milk or room temperate hot chocolate. Do you not like those, either?

I don't like almond milk at all (I've tried 3 different brands, instant regret every time) but I do also happen to hate chocolate milk in general. Blech.
  • ChickenmommaMich
    [/quote]

Yeah, I was really surprised when I first tried chocolate almond milk (try the Blue Diamond one). It is very sweet and not really low cal at 120 cal per cup.
  • teamAmelia

Yeah, I was really surprised when I first tried chocolate almond milk (try the Blue Diamond one). It is very sweet and not really low cal at 120 cal per cup.

*meant temperature, not temperate. LOL

That's the kind that I use, too. I'd rather drink that over chocolate milk bc milk makes me have to clear my throat a lot.