5K in under 30 minutes!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    thats great work!! and in today's fitness culture, there seems to be more of an emphasis on distance, rather than speed.
  • Mtfd02
    Mtfd02 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Bam! that is motovation and pretty sonn you will be doing 5k races!
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Great job! I am trying to break 22:00!
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Quote " Once you get past that point where you feel sick like you're going to throw up and like you can't run another step, if suddenly gets easier. It's like you still feel the stress on your body, but you're above and beyond it. So. I think getting over that hump is essential to improving time." end quote
    I am two thirds of the way through week 5 of C25K and have found this to be exactly true ... I get to a certain point when I suddenly realise that it has become mentally easier to carry on the run even though physically it is still fairly demanding. Running is turning out to be an undiscovered pleasure for me and I just wish I had decided to start a lot sooner ... but still - better late than never eh!!!
    Well done on your accomplishment, I am looking forward to a similar accomplishment myself one day :flowerforyou:
  • kenna44cat
    kenna44cat Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I just started running and can't imagine running for more than a few minutes at a time then I have to walk or slow jog, but your story is inspirational to me. I've been volunteering at running events handing out water and so on. Hope to do a 5K on New Year's Day, yes, that is right, and I'll start training at a clinic in October at the Running Room. You're doing so well and it's great to hear from all the people about how much they enjoy running, especially Kaz, whom I know from MFP, I know she's been doing a rigorous program. Have you seen a video featuring The Barefoot Professor? It's pretty much out there, he's running barefoot on pavement in snow in part of the video. Brrr
  • jerseygirlmaggie
    jerseygirlmaggie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring!!!
  • Slatzuk
    Slatzuk Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Well Done.

Find your local park run for a weekly, timed, fun event.

www.parkrun.com
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    That's a great accomplishment! I know it was huge when I did it. Congrats!
  • Flagirlof3
    Options
    Congrats! I love running and the way I feel after :)
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Great job! I am trying to break 22:00!

I broke 22:00 today. 21:38. 6:57/pace!!
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing time. Well done! I started C25K in May and my best 5K is 35 minutes.
  • amazondakini
    amazondakini Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You are AWESOME!! Slathered in AWESOME SAUCE!! Rock on! I am inspired. It is also a goal for me to run it in under 30, I've lost 42 pounds, and have been working out and getting in shape these last 18 months, and haven't run a timed 5K in that time, my best time before was 35 minutes I think... Thanks!! Gonna go look up a 5K to sign up for! Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!