Looking for a good ab workout! Ideas?

Options
I am 5 days from finishing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, and am looking for another workout that will concentrate on abs. I am 48 years old....and Jillian is about as hardcore as I can go :) Do you have any suggestions?

Replies

• metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I like Scooby's ab workout. It doesn't require much equipment, just a carpet and a 10 - 25 lb plate (or whatever you can do).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYQdLtam6xA

And it's fine if you're not advanced. Just lower the weight.
  • bfinup
    bfinup Posts: 47
    Options
    I like Scooby's ab workout. It doesn't require much equipment, just a carpet and a 10 - 25 lb plate (or whatever you can do).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYQdLtam6xA

And it's fine if you're not advanced. Just lower the weight.

Second the scoobys recommendation. I also add in regular planks
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Tracy Andersen's Mat Method dvd has a great abs section.

I'd also recommend anything from Xtend Barre or The Bar Method, those workouts are low intensity was totally kick your butt. The ab sections have me shaking.
  • bucksterboo
    bucksterboo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Monday is my last day on the shred, and I am anxious to try one of these new workouts! All the programs look great! I think I will alternate them. Scooby when I want a good, solid workout. Tracy Andersen's Mat Method when I am feeling flexible :) She makes it look so easy, but clearly it's not! And the X-tend Barre method looks like a good choice too! So much control and again they make it look easy! Thanks so much for all of your advice! Tuesday it will begin!!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I really like levels 1 & 2 of JM Killer Abs. If you liked 30 Day Shred, you'd probably like this video, too. I don't like level 3, however. I feel like I spend too much time trying to figure out what the hell she's doing. It's worth the $8 for levels 1 & 2, though.
  • christine34
    Options
    If you like JM you should try her Six Week 6 Pack! It's intense, with loads of planks etc, and you do each of the two levels for 3 weeks, so can get a bit repetitive, but it does work!