A non-shushing librarian says hello!

Options
I am a 36-year-old librarian from Kentucky looking for support and friends. I have been a MFP member for quite some time, but I've only recently decided to get serious about weight loss. I've lost 15 lbs as of yesterday. I want to lose an additional 40 lbs by the end of the year so that by my next birthday (end of January) I can buy myself new clothes in a non-plus-size store. I want to lose a total of 100 lbs by next July, so that I can have my annual doctor's visit and show her what a change I've made in my life. For the first time, I think I can do this.

I like reading, writing, cats, books, iced coffee, history, Scrabble, and, of course, libraries. I'm and out and proud lesbian and happily married to my wife of two years.

Let's be friends! :smile:

Replies

• NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I'm a Preschool Teacher. We love non-shushing librarians!
  • OneWildAndPreciousLife
    Options
    Hi! Thanks for replying. I love noise in the library, especially when it comes from little kids!
  • bucksterboo
    bucksterboo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am a 48 year old HS librarian on a weight loss journey! I would love to be friends! Anyone can add me, hey, we can use all the support we can get!
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I wish there more traditional librarians. I've had a couple of situations in the "quiet" section of libraries in which I could not hear myself think because of the people on cell phones and talking loudly. I asked people politely to keep it down. They ignored or verbally attacked me. Finally, I approached the librarian or room monitor who acted as if I was the guilty party. One guy who was trying to work complained about the noise and stormed out.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Well hopefully you can at least enjoy this. One of the great "blond jokes", thanks to the librarian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DctVteQDRIM
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    You can add me, but you'll probably end up shushing me:blushing: But add me anyway!:flowerforyou:
  • Becca_Smith1552
    Options
    We have much in common.. would love to share this journey with you! :smile: Congrats on your success so far... you're doing great! :smile:
  • OneWildAndPreciousLife
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies! It's nice to meet all of you. :happy:
  • jessitherese
    jessitherese Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I inherently love literature, libraries and the like--as I do study comparative literature. So if you'd like some support, feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Is being a librarian the best job ever? Because in my mind it is! Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • OneWildAndPreciousLife
    Options
    Being a librarian is definitely awesome, and I love literature too! Thanks for your replies!
  • Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm a children's librarian in Ohio. LOVE my job....for the most part. :) Feel free to add me. Congrats on melting those 15 lbs away! :)
  • missxoshell
    missxoshell Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I added you :)
  • glenverrier
    glenverrier Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Here for anyone that needs support!!
  • rswalls
    rswalls Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 as well with the goal of 40 pounds to lose by the end of the year...and we're neighbors (I'm in WV)...feel free to add me :-)
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I can't claim to be a librarian, but I do love books. Feel free to add me if you'd like :)