Hello from Ohio

Options
elvb
elvb Posts: 423 Member
I am very new here...only about a week and a half. About 4 years ago I was a stay at home mom, and I happened to lose about 35 lbs with hard work and determination. I lost that determination once I went back to work 3 years ago. I gained it all back and then some. I decided very recently to really try again.
I have 3 great kids who, thankfully, like the healthy stuff I've been making. I am also married and he'll like the healthy stuff no matter what. I am hoping my changes will encourage him to change his eating/lazy habits.

Anyway, that's all to there is to know about me....

Replies

• Maggie1960
    Maggie1960 Posts: 322
    Options
    Hi Elvia welcome to MFP. I'm Maggie from England, mother of 4, lots of weight to lose before I'm a 'yummy mummy' but I will get there:smile:
  • cherylpi
    Options
    Welcome! I too am from Ohio! I've been using this site for a little over a month now and have lost 9 lbs. I have a long way to go but at least I'm headed in the right direction! Good luck to you!
  • MyFitnessGuy
    Options
    I'm from Ohio too! Cincinnati area. Welcome!

Please add me as a friend if ya want. :)
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Hey! Another Ohio chick! Welcome! Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Welcome from Columbus! Best of luck to you!
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Ohio, but moved to Illinois 6 years ago! Welcome!
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Another Ohioan here! Was in Columbus for 14 years and just moved to Springfield in December.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome from Columbus! I've been on the site since the end of June and I'm down 16.5 lbs. today! Best of luck to you, and congrats on making the decision to join!
  • StephieWheats
    StephieWheats Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I also am from Ohio (Cleveland). Best of luck to you!
  • AmenoKaji
    AmenoKaji Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi other Ohio people. :) I'm in Stow
  • AmenoKaji
    AmenoKaji Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Silly thing double posted.
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hello from Virginia. I lived in Ohio (all over Ohio) most of my life. I hope you will find this site helpful and friendly. The tools and the people are really great. Welcome .
  • cicantrix
    Options
    Welcome from Kentucky. Ohio's southern neighbor :)
  • chelleim
    chelleim Posts: 78
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I am from Ohio too (Toledo area). This is a great site with great people!
  • Tashia_HH
    Tashia_HH Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Another hello from Kentucky!! (northern kentucky) Glad to have you here and good luck on your journey!
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the greetings!!
    Chelleim - I'm from the Toledo area too!!

I can't wait to get really involved in the groups. This is what helped me the last time I lost weight so I'm hoping it does the same again! All the support is wonderful!!
    Good luck all!!
  • showers1989
    showers1989 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    good luck im also from ohio akron area
  • EmyleeNoel
    EmyleeNoel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm new to Ohio (been here a year but still feel new). I don't have a lot of friends, and I am struggling to lose some weight. Looking to make some new friends, find some support and offer the same. Anyone out there?
  • oh10girl
    Options
    Hey from Akron, OH born and raised... but live in MD now....Welcome Girlie!!