33 yr old mom of 3 need motivation

Options
So I am looking for others to keep me on the right track. I have 3 kids 5,2 and 11 months. Every time the dieting or exercise gets tough or I fail at it in some way, I take a break and think what's the point - my kids are healthy, we are not poor just middle class, they are happy, who really cares about my weight. They never notice anything about my weight or physique.

I would love to be that healthy thin nice looking mom. But I just give up too much.

I need to remind myself I am doing this to be healthy, to be here for as long as possible. I need to remember its not all about looks.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,071 Member
    Options
    THIS^^^
  • fatnat777
    Options
    1 goal at a time! You can do this! I exercise for my mental health as well as whatever perks may come along. Perks have been lacking, so I'm mentally doing fine, but still the clothes are snug and i'll be damned if I'm buying the next size up. So, I have the exercise under control, just need to get the eating under control. I had no idea how many calories I consumed in a day...until now. Be your best possible self and do something today, that you'll be proud of tomorrow!
  • bartman4
    bartman4 Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm a 46 year old father of 3. At this point my goals are my own. My wife actually prefers me to weigh a bit more. Happy to help if I can. Friend me at your discretion. I'm big into counting calories and exercise. Also a firm believer that my scale doesn't lie (although I'm not a big fan of my scale...)
  • Grumpyjoy
    Grumpyjoy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That is why I joined this site today. My fat pants just barely fit and I will be damned if I will buy a bigger size. I love your last sentence. I should do that and make sure to do at least one thing per day to be proud of.

Yesterday I bought a bunch of healthy food. Yay!
  • Grumpyjoy
    Grumpyjoy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a 46 year old father of 3. At this point my goals are my own. My wife actually prefers me to weigh a bit more. Happy to help if I can. Friend me at your discretion. I'm big into counting calories and exercise. Also a firm believer that my scale doesn't lie (although I'm not a big fan of my scale...)

That is another issue. My husband loves me anyway that I am thin or fat he's fine with it.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Children learn by what they see modeled ask yourself if you will be happy when you see them taking on your modeling. This is coming from how I have learned to understand what I was doing not only to myself but to my children. When I started on this journey it was all about losing weight now its about living healthy and loving myself. The bonus is my children are learning to make a wiser lifestyle choice much earlier in life than that will benefit them in so many ways.

Also taking small steps until they become habit and then adding more help to not become overwhelmed.

It is about how far I have come not how far I have to go !!! Good luck
  • amrichards0711
    amrichards0711 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34 year old mom of 2. My son is 6 and my daughter is 2 1/2. I started MFP almost 3 weeks ago, and I'm doing ok. Today has been really tough, though. It's my TOM, and I've been struggling with cravings. I am a perfectionist, so I want to do everything perfectly everyday and never go over my calories at all. I'm driving myself crazy. However, I am trying to focus on all of the positive changes I have made to my diet in the past 3 weeks and all of the smart choices I've made instead of my moments of weakness. I know things will get easier as time goes on, but I could use a friend for motivation, too.

Feel free to add me!