Is it possible to lose 20 lbs in 2 months?

Options
I am going to be traveling in Europe this august and would like to lose 20lbs by then. Any advice or feedback would be most welcomed and appreciated! Peace!

Replies

• dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Yes.....thats all you need to tell yourself...everytime you think about eating bad, just remember your trip, or everytime you don't wnat to exercise, or everytime you wnat to drink.....20 pounds is very possible with the commitment to back it up
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Yes it's possible. But going to take a little hard work.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I have lost 50 pounds in a little over 4 months but I had/have a lot to lose.

Just make sure you are eating right and not starving your body and exercise!!!
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    It is very possible. I would stay away from alcohol, that helps tremendously!!!! And exercise 5-6 days a week if possible. Definitely do not starve yourself. Eat at least 1200 calories a day :0) best of luck. You got this!!
  • ElisaRazz
    ElisaRazz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My mission is to lose 10kgs in 9 weeks before i head to Vegas.... i just think that it must be done because im not getting into a bikini with the body i have now! lol
    Good luck and work hard
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Possible? Yes. Difficult? Definitely.

It also depends on where you are starting from. If you have a lot to lose it will be easier. If you don't have that much to lose it's going to be really really hard.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I lost 20lbs in just over one month, and have done the same in the past. My MFP friend Beth lost 50lbs in 12wks (to a very nice weight I might add...within 10lbs of her goal weight). Dedication...ONLY HEALTHY, WHOLE FOODS, and LOTS of water. Exercise will help you tone and keep your metabolism guessing as well (you're not going to build a lot of lean muscle in two months...but the mental benifits, as well as the caloric expenditure help immensely)...but those first two are absolutely key.

The time to start is now though...every day you wait is one more lost.

Cris
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I am going to be traveling in Europe this august and would like to lose 20lbs by then. Any advice or feedback would be most welcomed and appreciated! Peace!

I've lost 15 in two months without any huge sacrifices, and a moderate amount of exercise (running every other morning, walking the other days), so if you're prepared to put in the effort, there's no reason why you shouldn't do it. Just get yourself in the right headspace, and do it! :smile:
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    yes
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I lost 17 pounds in a little over two months, with A LOT of dedication and hard work. It was my best result to date, but I have quite a bit to lose as well. So, yes, it can be done, but it takes eating VERY clean, exercising 6 to 7 times a week etc.. Good luck:)
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I also wanted to add...I was only exercising 3 days a week, 45 minutes a day...with bodyweight only. The main concern is to eat enough hard to digest foods to get your metabolism amped up. This is why I recommended whole foods, meats, nuts, veggies...because your body has to break these down from their base form. This process takes energy, both improving the efficiency of your metabolism, and reducing the net calorie value (if it takes 5cal worth of energy to digest 15cal worth of food, your net intake was 10 cal).

Processed foods like breads, pasta, and virtually anything else in a box or can, is digested quickly, so your body doesn't have to work for it.

Cris
  • theaaron114
    Options
    I'm aiming for 20lbs in two months, i was told I need to lose that before going on my army selection course when I passed my interview. I'm going for around 1200 calories per day on the days when im not at the gym which is one day of the week and on the days i am at the gym i aim for between 1500 and 1800 calories per day, 10cups of water on top of whatever I drink while working out, swimming every other day after my workouts which are a hour of weights (for strength) and a hour of cardio.
    Hopefully this will be enough to get me to my goal!
    Any thought on this? Or Any helpful advise would be massively appreciated!
    I had already lost just over a stone before the interview.

Thanks
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    It's a bit too fast, you might gain it back, not sure if you care.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    It is very possible. I would stay away from alcohol, that helps tremendously!!!! And exercise 5-6 days a week if possible. Definitely do not starve yourself. Eat at least 1200 calories a day :0) best of luck. You got this!!

^ Great advice. :flowerforyou:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    This post is 2 years old. 20 pounds in two months is too fast in my opinion.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    well if you weigh 400 pounds, its easy to lose 20 pounds in 2 months :)
  • Adrianachiarato
    Adrianachiarato Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    It depends on your current weight and how much exercise you're willing to do.
  • KittyKitty1991
    KittyKitty1991 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    went form 167 to 145 in a little over 7 weeks, at 5'7 I don't really have that much too lose. Eat healthy and move more :)
  • charlene1873
    Options
    i lost 55llbs in just under 4 months so i'd say yes! if you are dedicated enough you'll do it!
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Why the hell has to bumped up a psot from two years ago?